There's more to Kelly Osbourne's topknot than initially meets the eye. The star pulled her hair up into a high bun for the Make-a-Wish Gala in Los Angeles last night and added a spiked hair accessory just above the nape of her neck. She kept her makeup pretty classic with winged eyeliner and nude lipstick, although we wouldn't go so far as to call her purple braid a classic. The shade is actually more like Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year, radiant orchid, making Kelly's signature hair hue ahead of the trend. See more shots of her tough-girl style from all angles!
Whenever Jessica Biel makes an appearance, she never disappoints, and such was the case at last night's The Truth About Emanuel premiere in LA. With plenty of stars showing off holiday-appropriate looks lately — think berry lips and jewel-toned makeup palettes — Jessica's rosy look was like a breath of fresh air. While a petal-pink lip feels more Spring than Winter, her glowing makeup look clearly works with black and leather, too. She balanced her bright pink lipstick with a soft, silvery smoky eye. To finish off such a feminine look, her cheeks were given a soft flush of color and mascara for long, flirty lashes.
Getting this fresh-faced look is easy to copy. Dab on some BB cream for a glowing complexion, then opt for a cream blush to give your skin that lit-from-within glow. While the rosy pink lipstick is the focus of this look, don't forget to enhance your eyes with a sparkling gray smoky eye and lengthening mascara for fluttery lashes. Shop our picks below!
So bring on your gifting list — the bigger, the better — and experience the greatest joy yet when splurging on loved ones. Need some inspiration? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide video, featuring fab finds for all the VIPs in your life, including mom, dad, your boyfriend, and more.
With the new Quicksilver® Visa from Capital One®, you can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day. There’s no annual fee and no hassle of rotating categories or signups needed to earn your rewards. Factor in a one-time $100 bonus when you charge $500 within the first three months, and your holiday shopping is about to get a whole lot more exciting!
Don’t forget to use your Capital One® Quicksilver® card so you can treat yourself thanks to the cash back rewards!
Happy shopping — and earning!
The cold air of Winter might leave you feeling more dry than usual. To make sure your hair, skin, and nails stay radiant all season long, it's time to consider adding in some moisturizing treatments to your beauty routine. Here are some simple ways to enjoy some pampering, while also infusing yourself with added hydration.
For Hair and Face
1. Suki Hair / Scalp Conditioning Oil ($33): An itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable, it can also lead to dandruff. Nourish you hair and scalp with this blend of organic lavender, rosemary, and neem oils to calm and hydrate your scalp, while also adding shine and protection to dried-out strands.
2. Sensai Intensive Hair Mask ($57): Wake up a lackluster mane with this deep conditioning treatment that boasts Asian botanicals to help hydrate and repair dry, damaged hair. It will leave your hair soft and smooth with a fresh floral scent to boot.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90): This cult classic mask is a makeup artist favorite for instant hydration and that covetable dewy complexion. Leave this on your face and let the skin-brightening ingredients soak right on in.
See more moisturizing treatments for the neck down when you keep reading.
Holiday shopping can go one of two ways: it can be a joyous occasion of picking out what to give . . . or it can leave you having spent most of your emergency fund. Fear not, beauty lovers! If you have a friend or family member just as obsessed with makeup, hair, and skin care as you are, these gifts will get them grinning from ear to ear, and they're all for $30 or less. Now that's something to carol about. On Kirbie: Shoshanna dress
You've probably seen Deborah Lippmann's handiwork in the likes of Vogue or on the runways at New York Fashion Week, but she's most well-known for her line of polishes that you can find at many department stores and Sephora. We tapped the celebrity manicurist for her holiday shopping list, and just like her polishes — you'll find nothing but luxury here. From cozy cashmere blankets to a special spa treatment, see what Deborah is gifting this season.
— Additional reporting by Kaitlyn Dreyling
Even though Gravity has already debuted in the States, Sandra Bullock has been out promoting the film in Tokyo this week. For the press conference, she wore her hair straight down with a middle part framing her face. Then, she switched it up for the red carpet premiere, wearing an updo with curled fringe in the front. For both looks, she kept her makeup soft with metallic shadows on her lids and a nude lip. She looked great for both appearances, but which of Sandra's styles do you like best?
You don't have to put a ring on it to give your hands a little extra sparkle this holiday season. You can amp up your basic manicure with a rhinestone nail charm on your nails, and the gift-giving season is the perfect time to try on a bow accent. To keep things simple, I went with a basic pink polish using Essie Status Symbol ($8). After painting each finger, add a sparkling bow charm to just one finger. I found mine at Your Beauty Store, which has a huge selection of rhinestone nail charms. It's quite a simple look, but the dazzling element makes this manicure seem much more advanced, not to mention festive.
To dress up your nail sans the 3D action, paint a bow with nail polish instead. A dot in the middle followed by two triangular-shaped "wings" on each end will give you a sweet bow-tie look in seconds. And you can get sparkly with a glitter or metallic polish too!
As beauty editors, we are constantly trying out new products, but even we have our all-time favorites. Call these our holy grail buys, and surprisingly, they're not all splurges. The prices run the gamut from $2 to $200. Read on to discover the five classics that everyone talks about and that we adore, too.
- Crème de La Mer Moisturizing Cream ($155): Celebrities hoard it, estheticians recommend it, and our editors agree. This well-known cream is worth every penny because it sends wrinkles running and keeps skin, soft, smooth, and hydrated.
- Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker ($2): When it comes to a neutral lipstick nothing does the job better than this classic Dr. Pepper lip balm. The hint of red is just right for that everyday flush.
- Essie Ballet Slippers ($8): Every once in a while, we sidestep the anxiety that comes with selecting a polish a the salon and just bring our go-to nude along. This Essie shade is just the right mix of pink and white to blend with any skin tone. Plus, the sheer coverage always makes it work appropriate.
- CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara ($9): While some are Maybelline Great Lash addicts, our editors are partial to this volumizing mascara because the plastic bristles keep clumps at bay, so all you see are fluttery lashes.
- Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser ($9): If it's good enough for grandma, then it's good enough for us. This cleansing cream is still a vanity must have because there is nothing better at removing stubborn eye makeup.