It's more than typical for separation anxiety to kick in whenever you're faced with packing for a trip and leaving your favorite products behind. Travel restrictions make it so our full-size products need to stay at home while we're getting blissed out on vacation. But keep your chin up. We've rounded up 10 of favorite drugstore products in their travel-size counterparts . . . and they're all $10 or less.
Hair can take a beating during the warmer-weather months, whether it be from the sun, the chlorine in your pool, or your blow dryer when you try to wrangle your frizz. Luckily, there are steps you can take to keep your strands in tip-top shape. Kim Vo shares his tips and secrets for keeping your hair healthy this season.
- Mist facial SPF onto your hair: To give hair "just a kiss of that sunshield," Vo says you should spray a facial SPF "and walk into it like a fine perfume." Be sure to try a product that's lighter and formulated for your face, though; this way, you won't be saddled with greasy hair. We like Philosophy's Here Comes the Sun Age Defense facial sunscreen ($30).
- Invest in UVA/UVB sprays: For another option, try hair spray with built-in protection. Just look for UVA/UVB filters on the label, and spritz on for instant defense.
- Seal the hair cuticle: Cuticles are the hard, rounded scales that create the outer layer of your hair, and they often take the brunt of the elements. Damaged cuticles stick up and make the hair look bristly, not to mention give your color a shorter shelf life. That's why Vo stresses the importance of keeping them flat with the proper cuticle-sealing products and tools.
- Accessorize your armor: Just because you're nurturing your hair doesn't mean you can't get a little stylish. Vo suggests tying a scarf around your head for a fashionable twist on sun protection. Or, embrace the wet hair look by using a leave-in product, slicking back your strands to keep them in good condition.
— Additional reporting by Jaime Richards
With celebrities dressing up for various red carpet affairs, it's easy to be inspired by their polished styles — right down to their manicure choices — for your own wedding day. We've rounded up some of our favorite nail color options and nail art details worthy of wearing to a wedding. Bridesmaids and guests will love these looks too.
- Fashion-forward graduation gifts worth giving — Fashion
- Kristen Stewart flashes a smile postsplit — Celebrity
- Beauty gifts your bridesmaids will appreciate — Beauty
- Get a load of healthy snacks under 150 calories — Fitness
- Revamp your bedroom with DIY headboards and art decor — Home
- Fresh ideas to heat up your Summer — Sex & Culture
- Never lose your phone charger again thanks to a sticker —Tech
- Go behind the scenes of the new X-Men movie — Entertainment
- The modern mom's guide to everyday etiquette — Moms
- 10 mouthwatering ways to use mayonnaise — Food
- Ditch 7 costly wedding traditions — Smart Living
- Video: Summerize your hair routine — Beauty
- See why there are too many cats in the kitchen — Pets
On the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, the hottest stars from all across the globe get all dressed up to premiere their finest films. While the daytime beauty looks in Cannes are stylish and fresh, the nighttime events include elegant couture fashions and sultry hair and makeup to match. Click through the sexiest beauty shots from the Cannes carpet, and you'll be inspired to get full-on glamorous.
Summertime is both the best time and the worst time for hairstyling. When your hair behaves, it looks incredible. But getting there is a battle and a half. Luckily star stylist Sally Hershberger has released a new line of products that help tame even the most stubborn hair, and they can be mixed and matched to get your perfect regimen. And they are all under $15 each so it's easy to get the full set.
The Cannes Film Festival is bringing out a bevy of stars, who are showcasing some of their best hair and makeup looks on the red carpet. Among the stunning close-ups of the celebrities in attendance, we're bringing you their beauty how-tos with the actual products used. Just click through to see how you can emulate your favorite stars now.
Planning a wedding can be an exercise in patience, but with this printable wedding beauty planning checklist in tow, watch your worries melt away. From scheduling relaxing spa days to picking your perfect wedding-day hairstyle, we walk you through what should come when with this handy time line. So whether you're the bride or a close friend or family member who's helping out, you'll be covered — beautifully, of course — from head to toe.
True or false? An SPF of 100 protects you twice as long as SPF 50. The answer is a resounding false, with the difference between the two being so little it can be considered negligible.
This is the issue that watchdog organizations such as the Environmental Working Group are hoping to make public on the coattails of the US Food and Drug Administration's recent update of federal requirements for sunscreen. The push, which was put into place last year, bans terms such as "waterproof" from sunscreen bottles, as well as enforces that formulas block both UVA and UVB rays. Consumer groups are now arguing that high SPF numbers are just as misleading and dangerous as terms like waterproof.
"The high SPF numbers are just a gimmick," Marianne Berwick, professor of epidemiology at the University of New Mexico, told the Associated Press. "Most people don't really need more than an SPF 30, and they should reapply it every couple of hours." High SPF numbers, on the other hand, lead consumers to believe that they can spend more time in the sun without reapplying. Find out the truth about SPF numbers when you keep reading.
From the Oscars to the Grammys, award shows are guaranteed to bring on manicures galore. See the major polish moments from the biggest red carpet events of 2013, including the most recent Billboard Music Awards.
— Additional reporting by Jessica Cruel and Maria Del Russo