- Add holiday joy to your engagement photos with these 20 ideas — Love & Sex
- Join us as we count down the 12 days of GIFmas! — Entertainment
- Get the party started with 24 tops — Fashion
- Video: Save with impressive beauty gifts for $30 or less — Beauty
- Covet a Top Chef's cherry-picked holiday finds — Food
- Score our favorite fitness finds of 2013 — Fitness
- Make adorable DIY gifts with mini succulents — Smart Living
- Keep up with the Kardashians' dramatic 2013 — Celebrity & News
- Coordinate gear dressed in Pantone's color of 2014 — Tech
- See Kate Middleton's hair like you've never seen it before — Beauty
- Bundle up your baby in these 9 cuddly ways — Moms
- Replace your wallpaper by using this unique painting tool — Home
Pantone has announced its color for 2014, and the winner is Radiant Orchid. We think this is a fabulous choice for a bevy of reasons. We've already seen this hue in its multiple shades on the Spring 2014 runways of Costello Tagliapietra, Naeem Khan, and PPQ (above).
But aside from that, a bunch of celebrities have also been spotted sporting this look. AnnaSophia Robb (above, left) swept the shade across her lids, while color enthusiast Lupita Nyong'o (above, right) wore the exact shade on her lips. The best part, though? We definitely already own it . . . in multiples! The color is superwearable, be it on your nails, on your eyes, or across your lips, and looks good on a lot of different skin tones. But just in case you aren't already stocked, we've got you covered. Shop your new favorite products below!
Although our heads explode every time Kate Middleton's hair makes an appearance, she had a surprisingly different 'do at the premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Kate actually swept her headline-making mane into a loose yet gorgeous ponytail. Instead of the sleek, slicked-back ponytails we tend to see on the red carpet, Kate's was elegantly loose and accented with a black velvet ribbon. Is this a sign that Kate is pushing the envelope with her red carpet styles? We're not sure, but it's definitely not stopping us from looking at her royal ponytail from all angles.
Whenever Jessica Biel makes an appearance, she never disappoints, and such was the case at last night's The Truth About Emanuel premiere in LA. With plenty of stars showing off holiday-appropriate looks lately — think berry lips and jewel-toned makeup palettes — Jessica's rosy look was like a breath of fresh air. While a petal-pink lip feels more Spring than Winter, her glowing makeup look clearly works with black and leather, too. She balanced her bright pink lipstick with a soft, silvery smoky eye. To finish off such a feminine look, her cheeks were given a soft flush of color and mascara for long, flirty lashes.
Getting this fresh-faced look is easy to copy. Dab on some BB cream for a glowing complexion, then opt for a cream blush to give your skin that lit-from-within glow. While the rosy pink lipstick is the focus of this look, don't forget to enhance your eyes with a sparkling gray smoky eye and lengthening mascara for fluttery lashes. Shop our picks below!
You've probably seen Deborah Lippmann's handiwork in the likes of Vogue or on the runways at New York Fashion Week, but she's most well-known for her line of polishes that you can find at many department stores and Sephora. We tapped the celebrity manicurist for her holiday shopping list, and just like her polishes — you'll find nothing but luxury here. From cozy cashmere blankets to a special spa treatment, see what Deborah is gifting this season.
— Additional reporting by Kaitlyn Dreyling
From Beyoncé's fan incident to Miley's alien-esque bleached brows, we're recapping all the major beauty moments from 2013. Jennifer Lawrence shocked everyone with her pixie cut, while Jennifer Aniston combined her beauty knowledge with her business savvy by working with Aveeno and as co-owner of Living Proof. Marc Jacobs blew us away with his massive beauty line, a 33-year-old Justin Bieber fan received $100,000 in plastic surgery to look like his idol, and Miley, well, was just bein' Miley. Which moments were your favorite? See them all in our breakdown. On Kirbie: Contrarian jacket, Equipment blouse
Holiday shopping can go one of two ways: it can be a joyous occasion of picking out what to give . . . or it can leave you having spent most of your emergency fund. Fear not, beauty lovers! If you have a friend or family member just as obsessed with makeup, hair, and skin care as you are, these gifts will get them grinning from ear to ear, and they're all for $30 or less. Now that's something to carol about. On Kirbie: Shoshanna dress
They say that Hollywood is a fickle place, and that couldn't be more true when it comes to stars and their hairstyles. Whether they're chopping at their length, opting for fringe, or taking a spin in the colorist's chair, the leading ladies of Hollywood are always doing a quick hair change-up. Click through, and vote on what you think of these recent style changes!
There's more to Kelly Osbourne's topknot than initially meets the eye. The star pulled her hair up into a high bun for the Make-a-Wish Gala in Los Angeles last night and added a spiked hair accessory just above the nape of her neck. She kept her makeup pretty classic with winged eyeliner and nude lipstick, although we wouldn't go so far as to call her purple braid a classic. The shade is actually more like Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year, radiant orchid, making Kelly's signature hair hue ahead of the trend. See more shots of her tough-girl style from all angles!
The cold air of Winter might leave you feeling more dry than usual. To make sure your hair, skin, and nails stay radiant all season long, it's time to consider adding in some moisturizing treatments to your beauty routine. Here are some simple ways to enjoy some pampering, while also infusing yourself with added hydration.
For Hair and Face
1. Suki Hair / Scalp Conditioning Oil ($33): An itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable, it can also lead to dandruff. Nourish you hair and scalp with this blend of organic lavender, rosemary, and neem oils to calm and hydrate your scalp, while also adding shine and protection to dried-out strands.
2. Sensai Intensive Hair Mask ($57): Wake up a lackluster mane with this deep conditioning treatment that boasts Asian botanicals to help hydrate and repair dry, damaged hair. It will leave your hair soft and smooth with a fresh floral scent to boot.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90): This cult classic mask is a makeup artist favorite for instant hydration and that covetable dewy complexion. Leave this on your face and let the skin-brightening ingredients soak right on in.
See more moisturizing treatments for the neck down when you keep reading.