Rihanna has teamed up with MAC Cosmetics to create a collection that's all about color. Her RiRi Hearts MAC Summer collection, which launches today starting at 12 p.m. EDT exclusively on MAC's website, is all about bright, punchy, retro-matte lipsticks, as well as items that help replicate Rihanna's bronze glow.
Amp up your striking white nail polish look with gold studs at the base for a simple but impactful touch. Opaque white nail polish packs quite the punch, but it also tends to show mistakes a lot more than other polish hues. So to make sure it looks its best, first file your nails for a perfect shape and trim your cuticles to ensure clean lines around the edges.
To create the look, I started off with Butter London Nail Fertilizer ($18) as a nutrient-rich base coat. Then, I painted on two coats of Chanel Le Vernis in Eastern Light ($30) for pure white coverage. While the polish was still wet, I added a gold stud from The New Black Rock and Roll Royalty Set ($24), which comes with various polish hues and a bottle of edgy accents, including gold studs and black and clear rhinestones. To finish, I topped this look with Essie Good to Go ($8) to seal in the stud and give my nails a glossy finish. If you have any messy edges, go back with a brush dipped in polish remover to clean up any stray polish.
Spring is here and summer is just around the corner, which means it’s prime time to perk up your mani-pedi routine. Get inspired with our Ultimate Nail Guide—a one-stop shop for top nail trends, nail art ideas, and the best new polishes—and dare to take those digits from runway to reality.
Click through now to find your favorite look.
When I first saw the tiny tube of Clear Damage and Color Repair 7-Day Intensive Treatment ($18), I was skeptical. How could half an ounce per treatment cover all my kinky curls? But the tiny ampule proved to be a force against my full head of hair, giving the slip I needed to glide through tangles and knots fairly easy.
The deep conditioner contains vitamins B5, C, and E to help your strands recover from the usual wear and tear of coloring and straightening. A healthy dose of almond and coconut oil lends moisturizing and shine-enhancing properties. And while you've probably heard that conditioner shouldn't go on your scalp, this line is formulated for your entire head. It even masked my frazzled natural ends. But what makes this product a Summer travel staple is its portability. Each tube is easy to throw in your suitcase, eliminating the need to carry on an oversize jar. It truly is the complete package.
- Check out the best festival beauty from Bonnaroo — Beauty
- Celebrate Summer with stylish striped decor — Home
- Your Summer long-distance relationship survival kit — Love & Sex
- Check out all the cameos from the star-studded This Is the End — Entertainment
- How to prevent mindless snacking — Fitness
- The best GIFs of Leo dancing in the Wolf of Wall Street trailer — Celebrity
- What am I supposed to do when Google Reader shuts down? — Tech
- Editor highlights from the Aspen Food & Wine Festival — Food
- Keep your pet cool during the hottest months of the year — Pets
- Video: Tone your entire body with this beach workout — Fitness
- Adorable and affordable nursery decor — Moms
- 14 ways to rock denim this Summer — Fashion
- How to save on wedding invitations and stationery — Smart Living
Braids are the must-try hairstyle of Summer, and one of the easiest looks to create is a side braid. We headed to John Barrett Salon's braid bar in New York City to get tips on achieving a fresh spin on a hair classic. This tousled fishtail braid, which was created by stylist Isabel Guillen, is the kind of look you can wear from pool party to wedding shower and just about everything in between. To learn how to get this versatile style, just keep clicking!
June is Blonde Appreciation Month, and it comes at a good time. Blondes are having a serious moment in Hollywood, with celebrities like Anne Hathaway and Demi Lovato trying the hue. But they aren't the first ones who have taken the plunge with a color change. Click through to see some stars you may have forgotten, who have experimented with lightened locks.
Acne: the word gets thrown around a lot, but do you know exactly what it means? "Acne is a common skin condition commonly found in young adults," dermatologist Dr. Paul Jarrod Frank says. "It is a disease of the hair follicle and the pores that lead them to the skin."
More than just the typical pimple, the word "acne" encompasses everything from whiteheads to blackheads to inflamed cysts. That's right — even though you may not suffer from huge zits dotting your forehead, those blackheads that plague you also count as acne. Get all of Dr. Frank's tips when you keep reading.
Still skipping your morning workout because you can't bear going to work with gym hair? We've all been there, but you don't have to rank your hair over your body any longer. All you need is five minutes to sculpt a gorgeous hairstyle post-workout.
First thing's first. You're going to want to pick up a good dry shampoo, like Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo ($18). Spritz it along your hairline, let it sit for two minutes, and then brush through. Then, just pick your style and go.
- Topknot: A great option for women with longer hair all year-round. Simply flip your head over, brush with your fingers, and loosely gather it on top of your head. Add a twist, some bobby pins, maybe a swipe of red lipstick, and you're all set.
- Braided headband: Cover your roots with this adorable standby, which works for long and short hair. Grab a half-inch section of hair from behind one ear and start french braiding it across your scalp toward the other ear. Tie it off and secure with a pin.
- The double ponytail: If you suffer from hair sweat on the back of your neck (hey, it happens), this is the style for you. Split your hair into two sections, a top and a bottom, and tie them both into low ponytails. Then, connect the two ponytails with a hair tie for a fun, trendy hair look.
- If you've got a pixie cut . . . You're in luck. Just let the texture work for you. After spraying on your dry shampoo, work it into your hair and let it dry. Your hair will dry into a sexy bedhead style.
And if all else fails, throw on an adorable, on-trend baseball cap.
It's our job to pick the brains of the top professionals in the beauty industry, so we think it's high time to share the best tips we've heard over the years. From runway makeup artists to celebrity hairstylists, we've picked out the best of the best when it comes to tricks of the trade. Get all the beauty secrets you never knew after the jump