It might say light on the packaging, but don't let Aveda's Light Elements Defining Whip ($24) fool you. While it is lightweight in feel, this airy, whipped wax gives a decent amount of hold. Use it on almost-dry hair with a blow dryer to enhance volume and shine. Apply to dry hair to add texture and pieciness to ends and layers. It can also be used to give beach waves and tousled updos some added oomph sans the heaviness or tacky feel. Best of all, it instantly tames flyaways and static with a soothing, fresh scent to boot. And since it can be used in all hair types and lengths, you'll find that this light yet mighty hair wax might just be the only product you'll need this Summer.
- 25 things to do before you pick out a baby name — Moms
- Cute Summer decor ideas under $50 — Home
- How to get rid of salt bloat — Fitness
- The best swimsuits for every body shape — Fashion
- Decadent desserts straight from the Aspen Food & Wine festival — Food
- Liam Hemsworth lands a big new role — Entertainment
- Video: Get the trends from the 2014 Resort collections — Fashion
- Why you're feeling tired even after a full night's sleep — Smart Living
- Summer-proof beauty ideas straight from Bonnaroo — Beauty
- Kate Upton hits the beach with Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann — Celebrity
- Future Mac OS X names that you need to know about now — Tech
- Hilarious vintage men's ads from the '70s — Love & Sex
Hair and makeup lovers adore beautiful images, so it's no surprise that Pinterest is filled with beauty inspiration, tips, and tutorials. This week on the POPSUGAR Beauty Pinterest page, our most repinned posts included a shaving video tutorial, Summery nail polish shades, plus a how-to for popping pimples. We love to hear from you, so remember to follow us on Pinterest to see and share more.
Beach hair: it's effortless, sexy, and (more than likely) a clear indication that Summer is here. When you can't get to the beach, though, texturizing sprays are especially helpful in achieving this look. But not all sprays are created equal. Whether you need to preserve your hair color, add shine, or want to test out a sea salt-free option, we have you covered. On Kirbie: Forever 21 blazer, Bebe skirt.
Although Summer is the season of bright colorful nails, it seems some manicures are sticking to vampy neutrals — at least that's what it looked like in Hollywood this week. Katharine McPhee (top) adorned her nails with a shiny black lacquer, while Katie Holmes (bottom left) reached for a similar shade. And Anna Paquin (bottom right) opted for a midnight blue hue. These colors are usually kept to cooler temperatures, but whose dark Summer polish did you like best?
Flowers and pastels were on the forefront of Instagram this week, where Lauren Conrad and Nicole Richie showed off their prettiest photos. But they weren't the only ones who decided to show off what was inspiring them. Click through to see what else Instagram had to offer in the beauty realm.
- Professional makeup tips for a summery bronze palette
- Get hair inspiration from these celebrities at the beach and pool
- 40 reasons why beach waves are the ultimate Summer hairstyle
- Stock your beach bag with these affordable vacation must haves
- Wedding plan: nosh on these good-for-you eats for better skin
- Shop the biggest nail trend of the season: metallics
- Everything you need to know about eye cream
- Revive your hair after a dip in the pool with his DIY hair rinse
- What to do when you can't take your beauty arsenal on the road
- Heading to Bonnaroo? Click through these festival beauty ideas
You've heard the hype over the Beautyblender sponge, but are you using it correctly? This egg-shaped sponge isn't your ordinary makeup applicator, after all. You may be missing one crucial step to getting the most flawless, even foundation application out there (besides, of course, using an airbrush). On Kirbie: Rag & Bone vest.
We included the Beautyblender and Blendercleanser in our May Must Have box. Sign up and get your very own monthly box that's full of our editors' favorite products.
It's not too late to help dad out this Father's Day by upgrading his daily grooming routine. No more disposable razors and bar soap! The man in your life will be surprised at how luxurious shaving and bathing can be once you gift him with one of these man-centric buys. Who said men were so hard to shop for?
Wedding season is in full swing here at POPSUGAR, and we have everything you need when it comes to dresses, decor, bridal beauty, and more. Whether you're in need of bridesmaid tips, seeking savvy spending advice, or in the mood to check out the most memorable TV and movie weddings, look no further.
Click through now to see our ever-expanding 2013 wedding season coverage!