- The Blonds: What do you get when Dr. Spock and Tweety Bird couple up and have a baby? The beauty look at this show. Between the swipes of yellow and blue shadow, it was out of this world.
- Betsey Johnson: From cotton candy wigs and chromatic lips, the look was unabashedly fun — especially with bubblegum pink, custom-made wigs.
- Jeremy Scott: The '50s, teenagers from Mars, and burlesque were all inspiration at this show. While the hair was full-on retro, the makeup had a futuristic spin that we can't wait to try.
- Milly: If you're longing for an edgy runway look that's still wearable, set your sights on this collection. The cornerstone of the style was the matte red gradient lip.
- Proenza Schouler: For the presentation, hairstylists embraced the models' natural hair texture to create a skater-chic, California girl look. The makeup was bare bones and the manicure a honey color.
- J. Mendel: The beauty look for Spring 2014 was all about adding an athletic vibe, playing up the sporty side with glowy, bronzed skin and and a glossy burgundy lip.
- Rachel Zoe: Fitting for Spring's humidity, a huge, fuzzy plait with loads of texture was the centerpiece of the coifs heading down Zoe's runway.
- Nanette Lepore: The neoromantic clothing collection translated directly to a beauty look consisting of wispy hair and bright red lips — stunning.
- Michael Kors: Like Kors's past collections, sporty beauty was a common theme in the makeup, hair, and nails. Lead makeup artist Dick Page wanted an effortless makeup palette that defined specific features on each model.
As London plays host to Spring 2014 London Fashion Week, Toronto plays host to the Toronto International Film Festival. Stars like Jennifer Aniston, Olivia Wilde, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts have all made appearances on the Canadian red carpet. And there are a bevy of styles making appearances, whether it's at a press conference or on the red carpet. Need an LFW break? Then it's time to check out all the stars out and about in Toronto.
— Additional reporting by Maria Del Russo, Kaitlyn Dreyling, and Emily Bibb
London Fashion Week is in full swing, and it's not just high-end designers who are choosing to show their Spring 2014 collections to the assembled crowds. Whistles took over the 32nd floor of the Heron Tower skyscraper this afternoon, and we went backstage to see the beauty look take shape. Revlon makeup artist Lynsey Alexander was tasked with creating "'90s rave cherubs" out of models, including rainbow-haired Chloe Norgaard. She started with fresh, light-reflective skin using Photoready Skinlights and Nearly Naked Makeup ($10) before building up those cherubic cheeks using three shades of Cream Blush (Coral, Piched, and Flushed — $13 each). Brows were a big focus of the look, and Lynsey extended these for a slightly messy look using shades from the Eyeshadow Palette in Addictive ($8). See the look take shape by clicking through now.
See How Bloggers and Fellow Shoppers Are Gifting on a Shoestring — and Show Us Your Favorite Picks Under $20
It’s easy to get caught up in the generous spirit of the season, but that doesn’t mean you need to start the New Year in the poorhouse. The secret to great gifting is heart and soul, not dollars and cents — so think about who you’re buying for, get creative, and have fun!
For this week’s holiday shopping mission, we’re inviting readers and bloggers to hit their local T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods stores in search of the best holiday gifts for under $20. Challenge yourself to stretch every cent by scouting out a creatively affordable gift combo, like a colorful cookie jar with biscottis and specialty tea hidden inside or a spa lover’s basket containing a soap, lotion, and candle. With something for everyone on your list at up to 60 percent off department store prices every single day, these stores are your one-stop resource for gifts that are low on price but high on creativity and style.
Be sure to show or tell us about your under-$20 choice by sharing a photo or tweet using the hashtag #TheGifter. You will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and be featured on #TheGifter holiday gifting hub!
Click here now to visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub, and find out how top bloggers and readers just like you are Outgifting For Under $20 this week.
Henry Holland's bold, bright vision for House of Holland Spring 2014 had a '50s feel, but the beauty look created to complement it brought those retro clothes straight back to the present. The hair, created by Adam Reed of Percy & Reed for Babyliss, started as big-barrel curls before being brushed out and swept back off the face with lots of gel, giving a wet-look effect to the roots. Makeup by MAC focussed on lips, with a strong raspberry shade contrasting with the oranges and purples of the clothing, coupled with bold powdered brows. The beauty look was finished with amazing nails by Sophy Robson featuring decals of religious imagery that echoed the Romeo + Juliet-inspired prints on some of the key pieces from the collection. Click through for a backstage tour.
Even if you weren't in New York City enjoying the chic (and crazed) moments of Fashion Week Spring 2014, you can still get an insider look at what went down. We were out spotting the newest trends in hair and makeup from backstage at top shows like Jason Wu, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Betsey Johnson, and Rebecca Minkoff. Look closely, and you might see the exclusive products that have yet to be released, or at the very least you'll be inspired for your Spring beauty look. Make sure to check out POPSUGAR Beauty on Instagram to see all our coverage.
When adding pizzazz to your nails (read: nail art), the key is having the right tools. So whether you're creating the perfect half-moon shape, quirky dots, or adhering tiny crystals, be sure to pick up some of our favorite go-to products. They're all under $10 to boot. Side note: how amazing is that manicure claw? It's upped our polish removal game, that's for sure. On Kirbie: Kate Spade dress.
We had another big week on POPSUGAR Girls' Guide! Allison McNamara made a statement beanie on Designer DIY, Jackie Perdue showed us how to perfect winged eyeliner, Tyler Oakley and Becca Frucht gave us their thoughts on "what would the fox say?", and Brandi Milloy baked banana bread with hot Aussie Guy Turland. Let us know what you think in the comments, and make sure to subscribe by clicking the button below!
September marks the beginning of Fall and means getting back to business, which is why we're kicking off the month with our favorite new launches to help you transition from the laid-back days of Summer to the more crisp days of Autumn. From new ways to style your hair to new ways to update your makeup bag and skin care routine, we have the latest beauty finds worth nabbing this month. Just keep clicking!
- Giuliana Rancic reveals her hair philosophy and travel favorites
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 is over — see all our backstage coverage
- Catch up on the top 10 beauty trends for Spring from NYFW
- Watch James Franco's new Gucci fragrance videos
- See the makeup face charts before they hit the runway
- Kate Middleton's amazing blowout is back on the scene
- Forget the runway, get inspiration from street style beauties
- Would you wear blue lipstick? Rihanna did
- See the latest fragrance campaigns from Gwyneth Paltrow and Amy Adams
- Olivia Wilde, Julia Roberts, and more at the Toronto Film Festival