The smoky eye is one of the holiday season's most coveted eye shadow looks, but applying all that black shadow can get pretty ugly if you don't know what you're doing. For those of us (ahem . . . like me) who aren't so skilled with smoky eye application, Topshop has gifted us its Smoky Eye Kit ($44). The kit contains the brand's uber-luxe kohl liner, a full-sized tube of its 3D Curve Mascara, and a palette with four shadow shades. While I love the liner and the mascara, my favorite has to be palette, mostly because it does the work for you. Along with your typical black shadow, Topshop's Tuxedo palette houses burgundy, purple, and cream shades, making it easy to create a bunch of different looks. This may be the only kit you need to get you through the holiday season. And as if that weren't enough, the entire kit comes tucked inside a fluorescent envelope clutch. Christmas has come early!
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with these candy cane treats — Moms
- Step up your game with these innovative stair-decorating ideas — Home
- Gird your loins for the wedding that will exact Revenge — Entertainment
- 30 things to do after a tumultuous breakup — Love & Sex
- Get your pet in on the holiday fun! — Pets
- Work those gams with this 5-minute leg workout! — Fitness
- Channel your inner forester with plaid and flannel — Fashion
- Get these ideal gifts for your curly-headed pal — Beauty
- Video: Make Martha Stewart's apricot-pistachio biscotti — Food
- 25 perfect pairs of boots for every budget — Fashion UK
- Listen in on the huge pop music mashup for 2013 — Celebrity & News
- Charge your phone in the chicest and easiest way possible — Tech
- Take a look back at this year's most shocking bankruptcies — Smart Living
- Stop everything and drool over these cookie dough truffles — Food
At last night's annual Jingle Ball concert, Selena Gomez shocked fans when she came on stage sporting a black wig. The singer opted for a blunt cut for her performance, which was surprisingly similar to the latest It haircut that celebrities like Rihanna and Jessica Paré have been seen sporting. But the hairstyle is far from permanent; Selena was spotted with her normal long locks before her performance while walking the red carpet. We think that Selena looks gorgeous with both styles, but which one do you prefer?
See How Bloggers and Fellow Shoppers Are Gifting on a Shoestring — and Show Us Your Favorite Picks Under $20
It’s easy to get caught up in the generous spirit of the season, but that doesn’t mean you need to start the New Year in the poorhouse. The secret to great gifting is heart and soul, not dollars and cents — so think about who you’re buying for, get creative, and have fun!
For this week’s holiday shopping mission, we’re inviting readers and bloggers to hit their local T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods stores in search of the best holiday gifts for under $20. Challenge yourself to stretch every cent by scouting out a creatively affordable gift combo, like a colorful cookie jar with biscottis and specialty tea hidden inside or a spa lover’s basket containing a soap, lotion, and candle. With something for everyone on your list at up to 60 percent off department store prices every single day, these stores are your one-stop resource for gifts that are low on price but high on creativity and style.
Be sure to show or tell us about your under-$20 choice by sharing a photo or tweet using the hashtag #TheGifter. You will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and be featured on #TheGifter holiday gifting hub!
Click here now to visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub, and find out how top bloggers and readers just like you are Outgifting For Under $20 this week.
If you've been reading our site recently, you've probably come to realize that we're fairly obsessed with Harry Josh. Whether it's his Pro Tools Pro Dryer ($250) or his Ceramic Styling Iron ($200), Josh has been gaining quite a serious following when it comes to his tools. But it's not just us . . . a bevy of celebrities like Miranda Kerr (above) have been taking to Instagram to snap their support and adoration. Don't believe us? Just scroll on to see the famous faces who are using Harry Josh tools too!
See more celebrities posing with their tools after the jump!
We've all been under the influence — under the influence of a stinky fragrance, that is. Perhaps you've been spritzed at the perfume counter by an overly eager salesperson and now you're just as eager to eliminate the offending scent before a headache ensues. Or maybe you had one spray too many of your signature scent. Whatever the case, get a few tips on de-aromatizing yourself when you read more.
The curly girl is typically the queen of hair products, from her DIY avocado deep conditioner recipe to her bottles of gel, but this season, you can give her gifts she'll love. From a gem-encrusted headband to a blow dryer made specifically for curly hair, these presents will ensure her good hair days outweigh her bad in 2014. The best part is they start at just $5!
- Nicole talks about her onscreen transformation and more — Allure
- This duo is bringing multicultural beauty to the conversation — Real Simple
- How to fix those annoying mascara smudges — HuffPost Style
- Would you wear black lipstick? Here's how to pull it off — InStyle
- First she gets a pixie, now she's gone brunette — The Cut
- Kate Hudson has a few beauty tricks up her sleeve — People StyleWatch
- How to copy Taylor Swift's retro Winter White Gala look — The Fashion Spot
- Try this ethereal beauty look inspired by The Hobbit — xoVain
- The best of 2013 pop culture, as told in nail art — BuzzFeed
- Go behind the scenes with Kerry Washington for Neutrogena — E! Online
The Winter season is filled with many olfactory pleasures: pine, gingerbread, and of course, peppermint. Add a dash of minty freshness to your holiday primping with these 10 ways to get dazzling from head to toe. You're guaranteed to smell just as good as you feel.
Lip balm is one of those skin care and makeup essentials that you can easily find at the drugstore. The problem is there are often too many varieties from which to choose at the drugstore. Whether it's for hydration, serious skin repair, or a touch of color, hands down there's a tube out there made for you. Read on for a list of 10 top lip balm picks, each one under $10.