Nail art is actually easy to do yourself, which is why we've rounded up our favorite DIY nail designs to inspire your next manicure. With clever tricks using tape, markers, and bobby pins, you'll be surprised at how easy it really is to paint on a freehand design. And with a long weekend ahead of us, take a break from Thanksgiving leftovers and holiday shopping for one of these easy looks.
The holiday season is all about toppings: the star on the tree, the marshmallows on your hot chocolate, and your glittering hair accessories. In this Ban.do lookbook, you'll find jewel-toned bobby pins, gilded scarfs, and flower headbands — all under $35. They're so affordable, you can pick a different bauble for every party you attend.
Ah, the advent calendar; that Christmas tradition we all loved as kids. But now that we're grown up, we can still get in on the fun with Benefit's Countdown to Love Advent Calendar ($68), and there's just enough time to pick it up for Dec 1. Now, while you might be thinking an advent calendar is a little juvenile, just wait till you start popping open each day. You'll find mini sizes of some of your favorite Benefit products, like Benetint and They're Real! Mascara, along with some other fun trinkets. We think that's a good trade-off for some chocolate treats, right?
- Black Widow leads the ladies of Marvel Universe Live — Tech
- The latest members of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast — Entertainment
- Perfect presents for women in their 40s — Beauty UK
- Spread the love with romantic prints — Love & Sex
- Free apps essential for surviving Black Friday — Smart Living
- Holiday cards pretty enough to frame — Home
- How to get back on track after Thanksgiving — Fitness
- See how the stars celebrated Turkey Day — Celebrity & News
- Cyber Monday beauty deals to bookmark — Beauty
- Kid-friendly recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers — Moms
- Gifts to get from Neiman Marcus's catalog — Food
- Comfy and cute alternatives to sweatpants — Fashion
Your parents, your siblings, your best friend, your hairstylist . . . do you have many people to buy gifts for this holiday season? Well, look at you, Ms. Popular. You can, however, pick up the perfect gift for everyone on your list without going broke. Flip through our gift guide to see the best beauty buys. All you need to add is a big bow.
When it's time to see your friends and family this Thanksgiving, trade in your usual style for this easy-to-DIY braided style. Whether your hair is long or short, a headband braid is a fun and easy way to keep your hair out of your face but still show off your waves. We headed to DreamDry, where stylist Faith Huffnagle gave us her tips for mastering the simple look.
Bring on the warm hues for Thanksgiving dinner! This makeup look intends to emulate a candlelit glow on the skin with a pop of cranberry on the eyes. Red around the eyes can be intimidating, so try a maroon or berry-toned eye shadow instead. Pair it with a neutral blush and lip color so that your makeup still stays within the "family dinner" realm.
Step 1: Apply a berry eye shadow like MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow ($15) all over the lid and along the bottom lash line.
Step 2: Using a shimmery white or beige eye shadow like Nars Alhambra Eyeshadow Duo ($34), highlight your tearduct area.
Step 3: Apply a warm brown eye shadow on the crease, and make sure to blend with a fluffy brush. I used MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow ($15).
Step 4: Line your waterline with a nude eyeliner. This will help counteract the redness some red-toned eye shadows create around the eyes.
Step 5: If you're comfortable with your liner skills, create a winged line using liquid liner. You can also use gel liner or skip this step completely.
Step 6: Finish with your favorite mascara, blush, powder, concealer, and foundation. Go with what you know works for you. Special occasions are usually not a good time to try out new face products.
I've sworn by Kate Somerville ExfoliKate ($22-$175) for years, and when I don't use it, I realize how much my clear, glowing skin is a result of regular appointments with my Kate Somerville tube. The original formulation is the perfect blend of physical and enzymatic ingredients, so you can be sure you're getting the optimum results with every use. Plus, the formula smells like cinnamon, so it feels like Thanksgiving in a tube!
Try using it when you first step in the shower and leaving it on your face while you do the rest of your routine, so the enzymes get a chance to do their sloughing action. Plus, there are other formulas designed for sensitive skin and acne-prone complexions. Say goodbye to breakouts, scarring, and uneven texture, and say hello to that gorgeous skin you always knew you had.
- Explore every Black Friday deal from 29 popular stores.
- Shop for threads till you drop with the ultimate guide to clothing sales.
- Stock up on your essentials with the best beauty deals.
- Discover the biggest bargains from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Kmart, and Best Buy.
- Geek out on the best gadget sales from Target and Walmart.
- Find focus with our curated list of the craziest deals from multiple categories.
- Schedule your Black Friday around store hours.
- Survive the biggest day in consumerism with these six free apps.
- Black Friday fatigue? Rediscover why you should shop again.
- Laugh at holiday shopping ridiculousness when you see these GIFs.
- Is Black Friday not your thing? Live vicariously through our favorite characters.
- See Chrissy Teigen's ruthless behavior during shopping season.
As you get through your holiday shopping, don't forget to treat yourself! Once it's time to deck yourself in festive gear, you'll want all the trimmings — a holiday scent included. Not sure where to start? We've compiled the best new fragrance launches you'll be dying to swathe yourself in all season long. Just keep clicking to find your perfect bottle.