When I shop for body scrubs, I like something with the serious exfoliating power — think sandpaper, but safer. Sugar and salt scrubs have the tendency to melt before you even get the opportunity to apply, but that's not an issue with the Juara Invigorating Coffee Scrub ($37). The Indonesian coffee grounds give dry elbows and knees a heavy-duty scrub when applied to damp skin, so sensitive skin types should use with caution. While some body scrubs are submerged in oil, this one is mixed with a gel cleanser, meaning you can skip the body wash. Just don't expect a frothy lather, since this product is 100 percent vegetarian (meaning no sulfates). Warning: this scrub will make a mess in your shower, so be prepared to find brown granules in the tub for days. But the powerful exfoliation is only matched by an equally invigorating coffee scent, so you might just be able to skip your morning cup after your rub down.
- Video: What is it like to play a Catching Fire tribute? — Entertainment
- The ultimate hairstyle guide for 2013 —Beauty UK
- Listen up: Lauren Conrad has marriage advice — Love & Sex
- Stop everything, and follow these cats on Instagram — Pets
- All the Black Friday deals in one convenient place! — Smart Living
- Make your tablescape the star of Thanksgiving dinner — Home
- Avoid those pesky aches and pains while traveling — Fitness
- See Vanessa's terrifying new character transformation — Entertainment
- Gawk at the world-record holder for most holiday lights — Celebrity & News
- Streamline your life with these amazing Macbook apps — Tech
- The perfect nail art for your Thanksgivukkah celebrations — Beauty
- Make your own menorahs with the help of Martha Stewart! — Moms
- Round out your Thanksgiving menu with a cheese plate — Food
- Amazing gift ideas for your fashionable mom — Fashion
With Thanksgiving and Hanukkah falling in the same week, we decided to give the glitter ombré manicure a festive twist. A deep navy hue is the perfect base for any Winter holiday; we used CoverGirl Nail Gloss in Sapphire Flare ($5). Creating a glitter ombré is easy when you already have a glitter top coat like Essie Set in Stones ($9). Apply the chunky silver glitter from the middle point of your nail, and then add two to three coats on the tips to create the gradient effect. To give our glittering manicure a seasonal update, we sealed in the look with a matte topcoat using Ciaté Mattnificent ($17). The velvety finish is a fun twist on the sparkling look. But even without a matte finish, the glossy version (below) is still an easy look to pull off just in time for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
If you haven't tried beauty oils yet, then get thee to the nearest cosmetics aisle. The benefits of oils are endless. Not only do they hydrate and add sheen to skin and hair, but they also create a natural protecting barrier. And now is the perfect time to start experimenting with oils, as your skin gets seriously parched come Winter. From your scalp to your heels, see the many reasons why you'll love beauty oils.
Does gifting to your more earth-minded friends come with a long list of dos and don'ts? Well, we have 10 gifts ideas that even the toughest eco-friendly critics will adore, especially if they have a soft spot for all things beauty. The following options are as do-good as they are feel-good for your mother to the holiday hostess.
When you're getting ready for a Christmas party, there's no easier way to make your hair look a little more special than using an eye-catching hair accessory. There's no skill involved, and the results are instant. Whether you choose a headband, a sparkly barrette, or even a piece of jewelry repurposed for your hair (necklaces, brooches, and earrings all work brilliantly) you can instantly amp up the sparkle with very little effort. To inspire your festive look, we're bringing you some of our favorite celebrity hair moments, featuring everything from slim black headbands to big, bold blooms.
The American Music Awards bring out the glamourous side of the music industry, and we saw singers and starlets alike making grand entrances with stunning beauty looks. From Lady Gaga's surprisingly radiant beauty to Taylor Swift's textured style and Ciara's new bob, see all our favorite looks ahead.
The Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette has become a cult classic for beauty lovers, and now there's a new version of the makeup-bag staple. The latest addition to the collection is all about neutrals and pinks. There are 12 new shades packed into one convenient palette. We explore the complete Naked 3 set plus the new coordinating eye pencils, but it’s up to you to buy before it sells out!
- Is Kate breaking up with her longtime hairdresser? — HuffPost Style
- Sadly, these gorgeous men don't come with their perfumes — The Cut
- 7 reasons your hair is taking you too long to do — Real Simple
- Glam up your beauty routine for the holidays — The Fashion Spot
- Say goodbye to dark circles for good — Allure
- Katniss-inspired braids that you'll want to copy now — InStyle
- Signs you need a natural hair intervention — Naturally Curly
- Drew Barrymore thinks happiness is the best makeup — Real Beauty
- Found: the perfect way to store your beauty products — Racked
- Get Gwyneth Paltrow's skin-perfecting secret — People StyleWatch