With most of the world on royal baby watch, it's the perfect time to salute moms-to-be. Perhaps your body is changing, and you're not quite sure if your favorite beauty treatments are allowed. In honor of the impending arrival of Prince William and Kate Middleton's firstborn (the future king or queen), we reached out to Dr. Lindsay Cruel, OB-GYN (also known as my dad), to debunk any pregnancy beauty myths. Find out your prenatal dos and don'ts when you read more.
If you're looking for an alternative to bronzers, self-tanners, and even harmful sunbathing, take a closer look at Perfekt Beauty's Matte Body Perfection Gel ($48). Not only does this makeup/skin care hybrid provide an optimal way to get a faux tan in an instant, but unlike its cousin self-tanner, it doesn't smell offensive in any way.
This one-tan wonder works on all skin tones to give a natural warm glow wherever a warm glow is needed. And because it's so moisturizing, you won't need to add extra hydration before or after application. In fact, it's best not to moisturize when using this product in order to prevent color transfer onto clothes, seats, and even other people. While it does take a bit to work this buildable gel into the skin, once it's on, it's on, drying to a visually pleasing semimatte finish. Leave the oiled-up look to the bodybuilders.
- Gadgets that will survive the sun, sand, and sea — Tech
- 50 Summer switch-ups for your home, all less than $50 — Home
- Fast, easy French meals you can make this week — Food
- What it's really like working from home: fantasy vs. reality — Smart Living
- Who is Kim Sears and how can you get her blowout? — Beauty
- Lightweight carriers and slings for Summer babies — Moms
- TV shows you can stream from the beginning — Entertainment
- How to wear this season's must-have white dress — Fashion
- Beyoncé shares her sweet Summer snaps — Celebrity
- The best outdoor-workout sun-protection tips — Fitness
- Video: When to use sunscreen spray instead of a lotion — Beauty
- These adorable art prints are sealed with a kiss — Love & Sex
Andy Murray may have won Wimbledon, but we're still left wondering one thing: how can we score his girlfriend's phenomenal blowout? Kim Sears, Andy's longtime love interest, was spotted in the stands throughout the competition, cheering him on and never without her hair perfectly coiffed. Even London's rainy days didn't faze (or frizz) her style. Already her enviable mane has been compared to the likes of Kate Middleton's gorgeous locks. Although we can't promise Kim Sears's results, here are a few tips to getting your best blowout at home:
- Hang dry.You'll get the best blowout if you don't start with soaking strands. Use your fingers to dry hair to about 80 percent, then it's time to go in with a brush to style.
- Protect and defend. If you've got colored hair (like Kim's slight ombré ends), you'll want to spritz your hair with a heat protectant first. Try running a dab of Aveda Smooth Infusion Smoother ($24) through each section before applying heat.
- Bypass tangles. Sure, the professionals may wield a round brush with ease, but it's harder to maneuver the curves alone, especially with lengthy hair like Kim's. Instead, find a paddle brush with a curved base. That way, you can still get a slightly rounded shape and volume without the tangles and contortions.
Hair and makeup lovers adore beautiful images, so it's no surprise that Pinterest is filled with beauty inspiration, tips, and tutorials. This week on the POPSUGAR Beauty Pinterest page, our most repinned posts included a tutorial to fix broken makeup, superhero nail art, and our favorite polish and product picks for July. We love to hear from you, so remember to follow us on Pinterest to see and share more.
A dash of metallic shadow is a great way to bring your black liner look from zero to 60, and three stars showed us why this week. Kristen Stewart added a dash of silver to the inner corners of her eyes while sitting front row at Chanel's Haute Couture show in Paris, while Sandra Bullock added a pop of metallic across her lids while promoting her newest film, The Heat. And Emma Roberts opted for a metallic smoky eye while taking in Versace's Fall 2013 Couture show in Paris. This liner look is insanely dramatic, but who wore it best?
Cool braids and cool makeup shades are all part of a summertime beauty routine, and, of course, safe sunning is always a high priority. We've selected our top 50 hair, skin care, nail, and makeup picks, from classics to new favorites, so you'll be sure to beat the heat beautifully.
Celebrities are more like us than you think: they love to show what they're up to on Instagram. Stars like Victoria Beckham, Alessandra Ambrosio, and more shared some beautiful photos on Instagram this week. See summery nail-art looks, an oversize French braid you'll want to try, and bold lips to inspire your warm-weather style.
If you have broken capillaries, you probably wonder how you got them. But you also probably wonder how to get rid of them. One of the most popular treatments dermatologist Dr. Harold Lancer administers to his celebrity patients is capillary removal. So we ventured to his Rodeo Drive office to experience the treatment for ourselves and get a firsthand account of what causes these visible veins (spoiler alert: they aren't broken!), if we can fix them at home, and how the stars erase them for gorgeous skin on the red carpet. On Kirbie: Forever 21 top, Express skirt.
It was an action-packed week on POPSUGAR Girls' Guide! On Top That!, Tyler Oakley and Becca Frucht crowned their favorite celebrities with their custom high school yearbook superlatives, from biggest flirt to best hair and beyond — and hilarity ensued, as always. In the latest episode of Just Add Sugar with Brandi Milloy, we shared our take on the cronut, the mouthwatering doughnut-croissant hybrid that's sweeping the nation. We also debuted a new episode of The Sync Up with Veronica Belmont, taking you through all the hottest apps and gadgets you need to stay organized while on the go. Finally, Tess Christine taught us how to switch up your look from day to night in just a few steps in the latest episode of Get Ready With Me. Let us know what you thought of this week's episodes in the comments, and be sure to click the subscribe button below to never miss another episode!