- Rihanna gave new meaning to the term bedhead with her AMAs hairstyle.
- Natural makeup and solid nail hues ruled the red carpet this week.
- The DIY holiday nail art that makes ombré look fresh.
- Some Winter hair tips from an expert.
- Which was your favorite beauty look from the Mandela premiere?
- Taylor Swift meets royalty at the Winter Whites Gala.
- This easy braided hair tutorial lets you wear your plaits and waves together!
- Your family and friends will love this colorful holiday makeup look on you.
- Shop our editors' picks for holiday gifts this season.
While the rest of us were chowing down on some turkey on Thanksgiving Day, Selena Gomez was sizzling on the football field. She styled her chestnut hair in a curled half-updo during her halftime performance, while the Oakland Raiders played the Dallas Cowboys in the annual Thanksgiving Day matchup. Her makeup kept with the day's theme, as she opted for a cranberry cat eye. Black nail polish finished the look. Are you a fan of Selena's Thanksgiving Day style?
Thanksgiving: it's the time of year to visit family, eat delicious food, and strategize your Black Friday attack. Well, before you get out your camping gear, review our list of must-shop beauty deals. The list includes gifts with purchase, 24-hour sales, and more! Just remember to pass this link along to your friends, so they know what to get you this season, and check out our list of Cyber Monday sales, too. Start your holiday shopping off right with the discounts below (some you can even shop from the safety of your home).
- Ahava: From Nov. 27 to Dec. 2, you'll get 40 percent off sitewide. You can also get a hand cream gift set for $18 (originally $42).
- Alba Botanica: When you enter the code ALBATHANKYOU, you can get a buy two, get one free deal.
- Alterna: Get the 3 Steps to Flawless Hair Kit with shampoo, conditioner, and CC cream for only $10 (originally $26) at Sephora only.
- Avalon Organics: Get 20 percent off your entire cart when you enter the discount code AVALONTHANKS.
- BareMinerals: At Ulta stores only, you can find two exclusive BareMinerals Kits for just $10 (originally $44).
- Bath & Body Works: Spend $40 to get a limited-edition tote filled with the brand's bestsellers for just $20.
- Blowpro: Get 25 percent off you shopping cart with the code BLOWPROTHANKS.
- The Body Shop: With every purchase of $30 or more, you can get a Community Fair Trade tote filled with products.
- Benefit: Purchase a set of three lipsticks for only $18 in Ulta stores.
- Bliss: Save 20 percent on full-size bottles of Elemis and Remede products.
- Bobbi Brown: Get a free full-size mascara and mini makeup remover with any purchase.
- Butter London: You can get the special Fashion Size Duo With Slapper and Knackered polishes for just $10. On the site, you'll also be able to get 20 percent off and 50 percent off all last-call items. Just use the code CYBER2013.
- Cargo: Get 50 percent off limited-edition Let's Meet in Paris Mini Lip Gloss Kits at Ulta.
- Chantecaille: Get a free Tiger in the Wild palette when you spend $225.
- Clarisonic: Pick up the new Mia First for only $99 from Nov. 26 to Dec. 5 as well as on Dec. 9, Dec. 26, and Jan. 5.
- C.O. Bigelow: Save 25 percent online if you type in the discount code TURKEY1838.
See more Black Friday beauty steals when you keep reading.
Mini trinkets are always fun to give (and receive!) during the holidays, especially for beauty lovers. Bottles of polishes, rollerball fragrances, and lip hues are also a great option for those people who you don't know what to gift. Because at the end of the day, who doesn't like a small bottle of hand cream? We've rounded up a collection of the miniature-size gifts you'll want to dole out this holiday season!
Let's face it, no matter how much we eat on Thanksgiving, we always end up with leftovers. While we'll be chowing down on stuffing and turkey sandwiches (extra cranberry sauce, please!), there will still be plenty to work with for some DIY beauty treatments. We turned to Townhouse Spa and Acqua Beauty Bar owner Jamie Ahn to give us three easy-to-do recipes to help us get gorgeous — and use up all those ingredients!
Nail art is actually easy to do yourself, which is why we've rounded up our favorite DIY nail designs to inspire your next manicure. With clever tricks using tape, markers, and bobby pins, you'll be surprised at how easy it really is to paint on a freehand design. And with a long weekend ahead of us, take a break from Thanksgiving leftovers and holiday shopping for one of these easy looks.
The holiday season is all about toppings: the star on the tree, the marshmallows on your hot chocolate, and your glittering hair accessories. In this Ban.do lookbook, you'll find jewel-toned bobby pins, gilded scarfs, and flower headbands — all under $35. They're so affordable, you can pick a different bauble for every party you attend.
Ah, the advent calendar; that Christmas tradition we all loved as kids. But now that we're grown up, we can still get in on the fun with Benefit's Countdown to Love Advent Calendar ($68), and there's just enough time to pick it up for Dec 1. Now, while you might be thinking an advent calendar is a little juvenile, just wait till you start popping open each day. You'll find mini sizes of some of your favorite Benefit products, like Benetint and They're Real! Mascara, along with some other fun trinkets. We think that's a good trade-off for some chocolate treats, right?
- Black Widow leads the ladies of Marvel Universe Live — Tech
- The latest members of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast — Entertainment
- Perfect presents for women in their 40s — Beauty UK
- Spread the love with romantic prints — Love & Sex
- Free apps essential for surviving Black Friday — Smart Living
- Holiday cards pretty enough to frame — Home
- How to get back on track after Thanksgiving — Fitness
- See how the stars celebrated Turkey Day — Celebrity & News
- Cyber Monday beauty deals to bookmark — Beauty
- Kid-friendly recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers — Moms
- Gifts to get from Neiman Marcus's catalog — Food
- Comfy and cute alternatives to sweatpants — Fashion
Your parents, your siblings, your best friend, your hairstylist . . . do you have many people to buy gifts for this holiday season? Well, look at you, Ms. Popular. You can, however, pick up the perfect gift for everyone on your list without going broke. Flip through our gift guide to see the best beauty buys. All you need to add is a big bow.