When you're a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival, like Nicole Kidman was for 2013's big event, stepping up your beauty and style A-game comes with the territory. Last year, fashion darling Diane Kruger made a sartorial impression during her turn on the jury, and this year, Nicole aimed to please and then some. From an impressively structured pompadour ponytail to some braided updos that will leave you in awe, Nicole's Cannes beauty looks (including her makeup and nails) are now visible up close from every angle.
Gwyneth Paltrow has a lot to offer: she's talented, she has a great sense of humor, she can sing, she dresses well, and she might have the most flawless skin we've ever seen. She attributes her glowing complexion to celebrity esthetician Sonya Dakar, who regularly prepares Gwyneth for big events with an apple stem cell facial.
We ventured to Beverly Hills to meet with Sonya, learn the key components of the facial, and even get tips on how to create a version for ourselves at home. Best of all, the ingredients you need can be found at your local supermarket. Now there's no excuse not to give this a try.
To try some of Gwyneth's favorite products, you can shop them on Sonya's site.
On Kirbie Johnson: Club Monaco "Lauren" blouse.
- Traditional with a twist: These little accessories are the perfect blend of functional and stylish, as Nicole showcased at the Cannes Film Festival. Style the top of your hair with plenty of volume, slick the sides toward the back, and secure with an embellished barrette or two.
- In alignment: Two barrettes stacked on top of each other make for an interesting (and functional) look, like Cara's accented sideswept style. Stacking also looks gorgeous with a handful of bobby pins.
- Classic with curls: Zooey displayed the easiest and most classic way to wear your barrette: in a chic half-updo. Add some loose curls to your hair before teasing around the crown. Gather the hair from your ears up at the back of your head and secure with your barrette. The bolder the better.
Looking for a quick revamp you can try right now? Watch this video to see how you can revamp your home decor!
The Cannes Film Festival is wrapping up this weekend, but stars like Nicole Kidman, Stacy Keibler, and Tilda Swinton are still showing their faces at photocalls. These more casual events are a feast for the eyes — and not just for the beautiful fashion choices the celebrities make. Their hair and makeup are typically fresh, pretty, and (most importantly) easy to replicate at home. Click through to see all of the best photocall looks straight from Cannes.
You may already have gorgeous skin, but the real trick is keeping it that way as you age. So when we talked with celebrity esthetician Kate Somerville (who has worked with celebrities such as Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson) at her West Hollywood clinic, the first thing we wanted to know was how to keep our skin glowing for decades to come. She offers some excellent advice, including what to look for, what to avoid, and a regimen you should follow every day. On Kirbie: Club Monaco dress.
It was another busy week on POPSUGAR Girls' Guide, and if you missed out on some of the fun, don't worry; we're recapping all the highlights! Tech guru Veronica Belmont shared her best practices for social media etiquette on The Sync Up and Kelly Lanza went for glitz and glam, and a little glitter, on the latest episode of DIY Wedding. Don't forget to subscribe to PSGG on YouTube, so you never miss another episode, and be sure to leave us your comments — we love your feedback!
- Braids are the style of the Summer. See this celebrity inspiration board
- Miniature beauty buys that make TSA happy (and are under $10)
- Got blond ambitions? Find which celebrities have lightened their hair, too
- Bridal manicure ideas straight from the red carpet
- Hide stretch marks and spider veins before you don a bikini this season
- An acne treatment that you can mix up in your kitchen
- Nighttime makeup and daytime hair looks from the Cannes Film Festival
- Ace your next interview with work-appropriate hair and makeup tips
- Is your mole cancerous? Learn how to check at home
- Become your own facialist with these DIY spa tips
Parties are always a big draw at the Cannes Film Festival, and one of the biggest soirees of all is the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS event. The top stars in the modeling and movie business converge to help raise funds for the cause, doing so in their most glamorous of hair and makeup trends. See how Jessica Chastain, Joan Smalls, and more stunned on the red carpet.
— Additional reporting by Kaitlyn Dreyling
We all fall into a routine, and you probably have a couple of hairstyles that you wear every day. Trying out a new look is fun, but can be time consuming. Whether it's for another day at work or for a night out on a date, one (or more) of these easy celebrity styles will inspire a new look to add to your hair repertoire.