Even though all graduates really want is a cash advance, why not give a gift she'll actually use after the tassle has been turned? From the college-bound to those with grad school now officially under their wings, we've rounded up the top gifts for women embarking on their latest life adventures. And if all else fails, you can pick up a money card to go along with one of these stellar beauty-themed gifts.
What is it about a bronze glow that instantly enhances one's mood? Maybe it's a reminder of an amazing tropical vacation (hello, piña colada!) or perhaps it's that it makes us feel a little more confident. We won't preach to you about the harmful effects of UV rays, or that you should always wear an SPF 30 or higher, but we will encourage you to try these new bronzer launches, out just in time for a natural-looking Summer glow sans the harmful side effects. There's something for everyone: a powder, a cream, and one that's great for contouring, too. Just remember to start off light-handed when applying your bronzer and then build as needed.
On Kirbie: top and jacket by Bebe, necklace courtesy of ShopLately.
Rooney Mara has been tapped by fragrance giant Calvin Klein as the face of the brand's latest fragrance: Downtown. The announcement came last night during Calvin Klein's Cannes party. "I am very excited to be included in the group of amazing women that have been featured in the iconic advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein fragrances," Rooney told WWD. "The Downtown fragrance holds true to the chic, confident, and simple feeling of the Calvin brand." And with notes of bergamot, violet leaf, incense, and velvet musk, as well as Downton's bright fuchsia bottle, Rooney's statement couldn't be more true.
Rooney's stint as Calvin Klein's Downtown chick includes TV spots directed by David Fincher, print ads shot by Jean-Baptiste Mondino, and a huge social media push. "We want to create a dialogue with consumers," Marc Rey, president of Coty Prestige US, said. Rooney's character for the campaign is a young woman who plays by her own rules. The fragrance is set to drop in select global markets in July, with US consumers getting their first glimpse in September.
- Explore the many shades of blue makeup for Summer — Allure
- Fix a coloring appointment gone terribly wrong with these pro tips — HuffPost Style
- Channel your inner Rihanna with these new makeup markers — The Cut
- Six chic ways to wear a turban this Summer — Styleite
- Watch how to get fuller hair in no time — The Fashion Spot
- Braided hairstyles to try before you hit the beach — Real Simple
- Innovative skin care and makeup finds from Asia — Real Beauty
- Bridal makeup ideas that are Pinterest-approved — Daily Makeover
- How to prepare your hair for the most humid season — Beauty High
- Ponytails that work for women with curly hair — Naturally Curly
I'll admit it: I leave my SPF up to my foundation, which isn't always the best thing unless you're using 3Lab Perfect BB Cream SPF 40 PA+++ ($95). This tube is a skin-perfecting wonder that's packed with broad-spectrum sun protection and a myriad of ingredients for serious skin care benefits. Apple stem cells help to heal skin and prevent signs of aging, while other ingredients fight dark spots and help stimulate collagen. There is also a range of tints available to give you a moderate amount of coverage for a flawless complexion. Plus, there is no telltale smell of sunscreen, which makes using a higher SPF every morning so much easier to do.
- Book an exciting Summer vacation with less stress — Smart Living
- Say goodbye to The Office with series finale pictures — Entertainment
- What job do we hope David Beckham never quits? — Fashion
- See 40 photos that will make you miss Prince Harry — Celebrity
- Try this Cannes-approved sea bass recipe — Food
- Turn your cleanse into a cocktail — Fitness
- Gmail features you cannot live without — Tech
- The 24-hour backyard makeover — Home
- Welcome your baby boy with a beautiful nursery — Moms
- Take note of the dos and don'ts of nail art — Beauty
- What to do when you don't like him back — Sex & Culture
- Animals you should be following on Instagram — Pets
- Video: Get Nina Dobrev's bikini body — Fitness
On Scandal, Kerry Washington (as Olivia Pope) portrays a businesswoman with influence in high places, which means her makeup palette is always work-appropriate and simply stunning. And as it turns out, it's so easy to do at home, you'll want to wear it every day. You can see more of her character's standout beauty moments on the season finale tonight on ABC at 10 p.m. EDT. But before then, see what Denise Hooper, makeup department head for the show, reveals about getting Olivia's signature look when you read more.
A high school movie just isn't a high school movie without a solid prom scene. Whether it's Sandy twisting with Danny in Grease or Andie Walsh getting her man in Pretty in Pink, these scenes and the beauty looks that went along with them are seared in our memories forever. Ready for a walk down memory lane?
Last night marked the launch of Versus Versace, and the event was a star-studded affair. Celebrities like Heidi Klum and Hayden Panettiere stepped out sporting some seriously gorgeous beauty looks that almost distracted us from the beautiful clothing. Want to see more? Just keep clicking.