It has been a busy inauguration weekend for Michelle Obama . . . and her brand-new bangs. Michelle debuted the new cut on her birthday via the new FLOTUS Twitter account. Everyone has had something to say about the trim, even her husband. "I love Michelle Obama," the president said. "And to address the most significant event of this weekend: I love her bangs. She looks good — she always looks good." While the first lady may be the newest member of the blunt-bang club, other notable women seem to be jumping on the fringe trend, including Kate Middleton. Some are anticipating which designers Michelle will be wearing throughout Inauguration Day (or the Tour of the Bangs), but we can't wait to see how many different face-framing styles the FLOTUS will debut.
- Check out Gwyneth Paltrow's possible new ink — HuffPost Style
- The commercial for Marni's first fragrance has arrived — The Cut
- Ten impressive lip colors that won't budge — Allure
- Get inspired by celebrity style off the red carpet — The Fashion Spot
- Emma Stone, Olivia Wilde, and Halle Berry shoot their first Revlon ad together — People Style Watch
- Nina Garcia is the new makeover guru — Styleite
- Quick hair solutions for everything from itchy scalp to fading color — Real Simple
- Expert tips to nailing your at-home manicure — Real Beauty
- All the facts you need to grow longer hair in 2013 — Naturally Curly
- A chic way to add glitter to your lipstick look — The Beauty Department
Learn how to make a customized shaving cream that delivers serious hydration. This DIY project is fun, easy to do, and will save you a trip to the store. Plus, it's made with things you already have at home. You'll love it because it smells divine, leaves your legs incredibly soft, and the mason jar is the perfect touch of shabby chic.
Move over, France and Japan, and let Korea be on your beauty radar. The average Korean woman has easily over 10 products in her daily skin care routine, and the country's philosophy of good skin dates back to the Dongui Bogam, a Korean medical text from the 1600s. And in recent years, Korea is responsible for the eyelash extension and BB cream crazes that have become international sensations. Here are some other hot beauty trends coming from Korea's flourishing beauty counters.
- Highlights from Obama's inauguration weekend
- Happy hour: limoncello Champagne cocktail recipe
- Katy Perry and Usher perform for Michelle Obama at the Kids' Inaugural Concert
- The best cozy celebrity fashion from the Sundance Film Festival
- Red lipstick done the Scarlett Johansson way
- The 15 qualities that will impress your boss instantly
- Listen along Monday with a special Obama inauguration Spotify playlist
- Take a sneak peek at round-two mom-to-be Jessica Simpson's maternity line
- Tips and tricks for being a painting expert
- Everything you wanted to know about penguins
- Get Oscar ready with a list of past nominees and winners
- Prep for work with these yoga poses
- Video: three reasons we want to see Britney in Vegas
Edgy, blunt-cut bangs, like the ones Taylor Swift has made part of her signature look, are a fun way to change up your look. But if you don't have time to hit the salon every four weeks to maintain them, why not take the styling into your own hands? We headed to The Private Room in Beverly Hills, CA, to get all the details on how to trim bangs like Taylor's at home.
- Clean up your makeup mess with these DIY storage projects
- A nail-art trend report from artist Madeline Poole
- Learn how to master the orange lipstick trend like these celebrities
- Get behind-the-scenes makeup tips from the Hart of Dixie set
- Gentle ways to unclog your pores
- Why exfoliating from head to toe is the secret to beautiful Winter skin
- How to disguise smudged nails in a flash
- Reimagine the classic red nail with these nail-art ideas
- Yes, there is a right way to pop a pimple
- Protect your hands from blustery weather with more than just gloves
Hair and makeup lovers adore beautiful images, and it's no surprise that Pinterest is filled with beauty inspirations, tips, and tutorials. BellaSugar's Pinterest is filled with hair and makeup ideas from the site as well as stellar images from the online beauty community. This week, our most repinned posts included tutorials from the red carpet and DIY makeup solutions. We love to hear from you, so remember to follow us on Pinterest to see more.
Braids will always be bountiful in the world of beauty, but lately it seems that celebrities are taking to a new kind of plait: the conjoined braid. This twisted style starts as a french braid that frames your face before cascading into a long tail. Celebrities like Jennifer Hudson and Rita Ora have been spotted sporting the style, and Lucy Liu added a formal flair to her braid when she walked it down the red carpet at the Golden Globes. A new twist can add some life to an otherwise played-out style, but will you be taking the conjoined braid out for a spin?