Want sexy, tousled party hair? Sally Hershberger, one of the edgiest celebrity hairstylists around, shows us how it's done. All you need are your fingers, some texture spray, and an elastic to look effortlessly cool. Read: no brush needed. On Kirbie: Club Monaco.
Kristen Stewart has a tried-and-true formula for beauty: tousled hair, demure lipstick, and wow-factor eye makeup. She rarely strays from this combination because it works. At the On the Road premiere last night, she chose a fully rimmed eyeliner look with a winged finish, courtesy of celebrity makeup artist Beau Nelson. To get this look, you'll need multiple eyeliner options. But first apply a shimmering taupe shadow on lids as a brightening base.
Start with a pencil liner with a very fine tip; Nelson used Chanel's Le Crayon Khôl Intense Eye Pencil in Noir ($28). Apply the product all around the inner waterline (top, bottom, and tear duct). To finish, apply a liquid liner, the brand's Automatic Liquid Eye LIner in Noir ($34), winging it out at the outer corner of the eye. Kristen topped off her dramatic eye look with a soft pink lipstick, but choose any neutral that works for you to keep your eyes the focus.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
- Try one of these updated cat-eye looks this season — Allure
- How to tame static-ridden strands this Winter — HuffPost Style
- The best concealers to mask cold-weather complexion woes — The Cut
- Barbara Walters gets Hillary Clinton to talk hair — Styleite
- Wear Kerry Washington's smoky eye to your next party — The Fashion Spot
- Turn your French braid into a bun with this easy updo — Real Simple
- How to get dramatic eye makeup for Asian eyes — Refinery29
- Yes, you can create tousled waves with a flat iron — Beauty High
- Shave minutes off your curly hair routine — Naturally Curly
- Shop these holiday hair baubles that match every style — Glo
Not to get on anyone's case, but there are a few beauty blunders you could be making every day. Some of these no-nos are well-known, like pumping your mascara. But there are others that fly under the radar. Get the quick fixes to the flubs you didn't even know you were committing when you read on.
We're taking the guesswork out of dressing up your makeup for the holidays with a flattering purple smoky eye that works on all complexions. "Plum is amazing because it will allow the white of the eye to look brighter," says MAC Senior Makeup Artist Romero Jennings. "It's no longer for any specific eye color, and it does stand out against the skin, since it's not a neutral color." He shows us the step-by-step process of creating a long-lasting look that will easily (and flawlessly) take you from one party to the next.
- Free printable tags make gifts cuter and mom's life easier
- Cozy up with a buttery Winter cocktail
- The best coffee-table tomes of the year
- Golden Globe nominees share "grateful" and "freakin' stoked" reactions with us
- Get holiday-party perfect from your hair to your nails
- Our favorite funny-lady tweets of the week
- Read all about the biggest fashion headlines in 2012
- Check out the year's best TV kisses
- Video: Stocking-size beauty gift ideas anyone will love
- How to get a good night's sleep this holiday season
- Affordable gifts for everyone on your list
- CelebStyle: Mimic Blake Lively's red leather mini for an edgy holiday style
- See who else is excited about the return of Google Maps
- Etsy finds for animal lovers
- Holiday gifts for the home
Certain polish collaborations make more sense than others, while others are a little more intriguing. The latest Nicole by OPI collaboration is with the Emmy Award-winning show Modern Family. The collection hits stores next month, and each shade will retail for $8. We already know there are plenty of fans of the show, but we couldn't help but wonder, how do you turn Jay Pritchett or Luke Dunphy into a nail lacquer? Click through, and you'll find out!
Everyone loves something exclusive. And the following collaborations are among the best limited-edition finds for 2012. Even though some of these sets are no longer available, they can still be considered the hottest tickets in town. Big names in fashion, television, and movies inspired many of these beauty packages. But it's up to you to decide: who takes home the prize for the most coveted collaboration of the year?