Ready to shine? With the holiday season upon us, there's no time like the present to pick up a few sparkly statement pieces. Check out our irresistible ShopStyle campaign featuring shimmery dresses from Haute Hippie, sequined party tops from Topshop, and high-shine accessories from Marc by Marc Jacobs and Erickson Beamon. Add a little flash to your 9-to-5 style with Kate Spade's brocade trousers, and come evening, twinkle in a pair of glittery pumps from Brian Atwood.
- The Catching Fire carpet is full of gorgeous hair and makeup moments — Beauty
- New Year's Eve dresses you don't have to spend a fortune on — Fashion
- Lauren Conrad's fresh new office makeover — Home
- How to help those devastated by the Super Typhoon Haiyan — Tech
- A 5-dinner detox challenge — Fitness
- Inside an A-list birthday bash — Celebrity & News
- Shop the perfect personalized holiday gifts — Smart Living
- A vegetarian recipe for your main Thanksgiving dish — Food
- Why did Josh Hutcherson storm out on Jennifer Lawrence? — Entertainment
- How to set healthy boundaries for Thanksgiving — Love & Sex
- Shop the enviable wardrobes of pregnant stars — Moms
Let the Hunger Games: Catching Fire frenzy commence! Jennifer Lawrence and the cast debuted the sequel film in London this afternoon. She styled her new pixie cut in a slicked-back look with a deep side part for the red carpet appearance. Her makeup focused on the eyes with just a touch of smoky eye shadow and lots of lashes. We're loving this formal take on her new short crop, but tell us: is Jennifer winning with this hairstyle?
With such an expansive career in film, Kate Hudson has stepped into a lot of different roles. But there's one hat we never expected: she's a beauty mixologist. "I just finished reading this book on things you can do in your kitchen that you can put on your face," Kate explained. "Like food masks, basically. Things you can make."
While the rest of us may pin and repin DIY beauty recipes for hours, Kate is actually someone who rolls up her sleeves, gets into the kitchen, and does work. "I mean, look, it's not pretty, let's put it that way," she says with a laugh. "There's this sort of natural acid mask that is literally mushed strawberries and lemon juice." Kate also plays around with honey masks . . . much to the amusement of her children. "My kids were like, 'Mom, what are you doing?' But it's fun!"
When she isn't researching new recipes to slather on her face (aspirin masks are next on her experiment list), Kate is the spokeswoman for Almay, a brand she loves. Some of her favorite products include the eye makeup remover wipes and the lip balms. "They feel so good, they're super hydrating, and they're great colors — and there are tons of colors," she mused.
At the end of the day, Kate likes to stick to a more natural beauty routine. It's an idea she gathered from her mother, Goldie Hawn. "When it comes to personal goals and beauty and what that means, my mom and dad are more concerned with what kind of people we are. When I look at my mom and her beauty, it's really the qualities of who she is," she explains. "It's always fun to talk about makeup and working out and body and image, but I mean how many tricks can you tell somebody before you realize, like, 'Guess what, honey? If you don't got your head on straight, nothing's gonna fix it!'"
Hoodies, hats, and scarves could be wreaking havoc on your hair this season. But you can beat the unnecessary roughness with the help of a hydrating hair treatment. These aren't your average conditioners, though. We'll show you which moisturizing masks to buy — or how to DIY — based on your hair type.
Kate Middleton is usually the picture of royal perfection, but this weekend at her Remembrance Sunday appearance, she succumbed to one of our favorite girlish indulgences: the hair twirl. That's right, even the Duchess of Cambridge has the urge to primp in public. She's been trying something new with her part lately, and on this occasion, her hair was styled in tight ringlets topped with a black hat. Who could resist giving those tight curls a tug, especially with the wind whipping around? Not Kate. But it's a comfort to know that royals twirl their hair one ringlet at a time just like the rest of us.
It seemed like every celebrity in Hollywood left their house this weekend, and each one stepped out looking flat-out gorgeous. Stars like Scarlett Johansson, Miley Cyrus, and Drew Barrymore put their best faces forward, showing off a variety of beauty looks that anyone can draw inspiration from. Kick off your Monday with some serious beauty moments when you keep clicking.
With the release of Lady Gaga's album Artpop this week, everyone is going a bit stir crazy over her antics, but we're going crazy over her many hair changes this weekend. Gaga put on a celebration in Brooklyn, and during her many ArtRave performances, she changed up her styles. On the red carpet, she wore an extrashort, platinum-blond bob wig with straight-across bangs. She complemented the look with a leather embellishment that was part mask, part headpiece. Inside the event, she was back to brunette in a slicked-back ponytail. Then, she performed in another blond hairpiece that grazed her shoulders and was styled with extra volume. It's obvious Lady Gaga will try anything once, but which is your favorite look from last night?
- Pat McGrath's new foundation is perfect for selfies — The Cut
- All about the pixie, straight from a celebrity stylist — InStyle
- A ranking on the best (and worst) eye creams — The Fashion Spot
- The heartbreaking truth about makeup-removing wipes — HuffPost Style
- Hairstyles that make you look instantly younger — Allure
- The best polish brands to get your hands on — Real Simple
- Is ombré hair color on the way out? — Daily Makeover
- Break out your hot rollers for these adorable 'dos — Refinery29
- Quick ways to get out the door faster in the morning — Glo
- Trick your straight hair into adopting waves — xoVain
Grab your brush, some styling products, and perhaps some bobby pins. It's time to rock your hair's world. Because we aim to please, we gathered some of our favorite hair tutorials in one place so you can find instant inspiration before your next work event, date night, or girlfriends' weekend.