Hoodies, hats, and scarves could be wreaking havoc on your hair this season. But you can beat the unnecessary roughness with the help of a hydrating hair treatment. These aren't your average conditioners, though. We'll show you which moisturizing masks to buy — or how to DIY — based on your hair type.
Kate Middleton is usually the picture of royal perfection, but this weekend at her Remembrance Sunday appearance, she succumbed to one of our favorite girlish indulgences: the hair twirl. That's right, even the Duchess of Cambridge has the urge to primp in public. She's been trying something new with her part lately, and on this occasion, her hair was styled in tight ringlets topped with a black hat. Who could resist giving those tight curls a tug, especially with the wind whipping around? Not Kate. But it's a comfort to know that royals twirl their hair one ringlet at a time just like the rest of us.
It seemed like every celebrity in Hollywood left their house this weekend, and each one stepped out looking flat-out gorgeous. Stars like Scarlett Johansson, Miley Cyrus, and Drew Barrymore put their best faces forward, showing off a variety of beauty looks that anyone can draw inspiration from. Kick off your Monday with some serious beauty moments when you keep clicking.
With the release of Lady Gaga's album Artpop this week, everyone is going a bit stir crazy over her antics, but we're going crazy over her many hair changes this weekend. Gaga put on a celebration in Brooklyn, and during her many ArtRave performances, she changed up her styles. On the red carpet, she wore an extrashort, platinum-blond bob wig with straight-across bangs. She complemented the look with a leather embellishment that was part mask, part headpiece. Inside the event, she was back to brunette in a slicked-back ponytail. Then, she performed in another blond hairpiece that grazed her shoulders and was styled with extra volume. It's obvious Lady Gaga will try anything once, but which is your favorite look from last night?
- Pat McGrath's new foundation is perfect for selfies — The Cut
- All about the pixie, straight from a celebrity stylist — InStyle
- A ranking on the best (and worst) eye creams — The Fashion Spot
- The heartbreaking truth about makeup-removing wipes — HuffPost Style
- Hairstyles that make you look instantly younger — Allure
- The best polish brands to get your hands on — Real Simple
- Is ombré hair color on the way out? — Daily Makeover
- Break out your hot rollers for these adorable 'dos — Refinery29
- Quick ways to get out the door faster in the morning — Glo
- Trick your straight hair into adopting waves — xoVain
Grab your brush, some styling products, and perhaps some bobby pins. It's time to rock your hair's world. Because we aim to please, we gathered some of our favorite hair tutorials in one place so you can find instant inspiration before your next work event, date night, or girlfriends' weekend.
One look that we've seen pop up on the red carpet over and over again is beautiful sideswept waves that impart an Old Hollywood vibe on the stars who wear them. While it might seem otherwise, the polished style can be achieved without a beauty team. Just grab a blow dryer, round brush, curling iron, pins, and some hair spray, and you're well on your way to chic curls. We headed to the Patrick Melville Pipino Salon, where celebrity stylist Ric Pipino gave us his tips on creating the glamourous look at home.
Having long, straight hair means plenty of heat damage and inevitable static once the puffer coat comes out. But this season, I've finally found a way to nourish my hair without the added grease that easily builds up on my finer strands. Ojon Rare Blend Oil Rejuvenating Therapy Lightweight Texture ($35) has three lightweight oils: Tahitian monoi, jasmine, and the brand's signature ojon oil. Shake it up and add a couple drops to wet hair before you style for added protection. Plus, the fast-absorbing formula can even add shine and tame my hair's flyaways when it's dry. As a beauty editor who fears hair products, I think I've found my match.
With over 50 unique monograms and typefaces, it's the one-stop shop for gifts: the sterling-silver locket for Mom, a crystal whiskey decanter for Dad, limited-edition artwork for your most discerning daughter, games for the whole family, luxurious leather gloves for the BFF, carryall totes for your co-workers, and a positively perfect Italian leather handbag with your name on it.
Plus, all items come with free monogramming and free gift wrap. Click here to create your (free) digital monogram.
- Weigh in on the best MTV Europe Music Awards looks — Fashion
- Create your own art installation in no time — Home
- Enjoy tweets from the geeks we love — Tech
- Lose the last 10 pounds with these tips — Fitness
- Relive the MTV EMAs with our roundup of the best pics — Celebrity & News
- Rock crown braids with these five celebrity styles — Beauty
- Transform your bathroom into a sparkling clean sanctuary — Smart Living
- Behold: your Thanksgiving cooking experience in GIFs — Food
- Watch the viral funny finds you may have missed — Entertainment
- Get nostalgic with '90s songs from awkward school dances — Love & Sex
- Shop the most luxurious holiday gifts for kids — Mom & Kids