Earlier this year, January Jones surprised the world with pink highlights in her blond hair, but now she has gone for a darker hair change. Recently, the Mad Men star was spotted with a new brunette hair color. Is the new color just an update according to the season or is it for a film role? That is yet to be seen. But the deeper color (and matching brows) does bring out the best in her fair complexion. Are you loving this deep brunette hue on January, or do you prefer the bright blond look?
- Miley Cyrus cuts her hair even shorter — HuffPost Style
- Your go-to guide for holiday party hairstyles — Allure
- Wear grown-up temporary tattoos perfect for the holidays — The Cut
- Top lip balms for soothing the Winter chill — Real Simple
- Five different lipstick colors to try this Winter — The Fashion Spot
- See all the Winter covers of i-D magazine — Styleite
- Sumptuous spa gifts to indulge with this holiday season — Real Beauty
- See Butter London and Goop's polish collaboration — Racked
- Seven things you're doing that damage your hair — Naturally Curly
- How to pack your false lashes for easy holiday getaways — The Beauty Department
See How Bloggers and Fellow Shoppers Are Gifting on a Shoestring — and Show Us Your Favorite Picks Under $20
It’s easy to get caught up in the generous spirit of the season, but that doesn’t mean you need to start the New Year in the poorhouse. The secret to great gifting is heart and soul, not dollars and cents — so think about who you’re buying for, get creative, and have fun!
For this week’s holiday shopping mission, we’re inviting readers and bloggers to hit their local T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods stores in search of the best holiday gifts for under $20. Challenge yourself to stretch every cent by scouting out a creatively affordable gift combo, like a colorful cookie jar with biscottis and specialty tea hidden inside or a spa lover’s basket containing a soap, lotion, and candle. With something for everyone on your list at up to 60 percent off department store prices every single day, these stores are your one-stop resource for gifts that are low on price but high on creativity and style.
Be sure to show or tell us about your under-$20 choice by sharing a photo or tweet using the hashtag #TheGifter. You will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and be featured on #TheGifter holiday gifting hub!
Click here now to visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub, and find out how top bloggers and readers just like you are Outgifting For Under $20 this week.
Fall is great for a lot of reasons, but a high point of the season is the variety of foods and spices that come into play. Pumpkin, cinnamon, and apple are just a few of the tasty treats that seem even more fun to indulge in, especially this week. But did you know that some of these foods have beauty benefits, too? Take our quiz to test your knowledge on the benefits of some of the most popular flavors of Fall.Take the Quiz
If you're into nail art but have a shaky hand, don't stress for even a second. Revlon's nail art stencils ($5) make creating your own nail designs at home a cinch. The pack comes with 10 individual stencils, so you can create a look for all your digits, or you can use a couple at a time to create an embellished accent nail.
I opted for the curved heart design, which I placed at the base of my nail. All you have to do is adhere the stencil to dry polished nails and apply a generous coat of a contrasting lacquer. After you've polished over the stencil, pull off gently while the varnish is still wet, and admire your handiwork. Interested? Hurry to the drugstore and nab your own limited-edition stencils while supplies last.
Is there a hair woe that gives women (and men!) more grief than frizzy hair? Probably not. But before you slather a mess of so-called frizz-fighting products into your hair only to have them fail, you should probably get to the root of the problem. There are actually a whole host of reasons your hair is fuzzy, and finding out which one you're guilty of is your first step in winning the battle against frizz. Click on for 10 reasons why your hair is poofy, and then get to work fixing it.
- Fast and easy comfort-food dinners to make this week
- Bikini-clad Courteney Cox fits in a preholiday beach getaway with Coco
- Grooming gifts for the men you love
- A look at the best holiday photo cards
- Shimmery embellished pants to wear to your next holiday party
- Gorgeous gifts for the minimalist
- A movie sneak peek at Hitchcock, Life of Pi, and Rust and Bone
- Chic gifts for your favorite Francophile
- Video: Make your own pyrite jewelry inspired by Chanel
- Job hunting sins to avoid
- Work out like the stars to top song picks by celebrity trainers
- CelebStyle: Olivia Wilde rocks two pairs of printed pants — shop them both
- Headphones for every listener
- Turkey treats for pets
- A killer Winter hair care regimen
You scrub your body with salt scrubs, you exfoliate your face with chemical peels, but what about the skin on top of your head? Yes, your scalp is skin. And while you give it a scrub every time you wash, it could use a little extra love. Learn the benefits of a scalp rubdown when you keep reading.
We've been told time and again that we should steer clear of powders, since they have an unflattering result. Understandably, you might be wondering how to mattify an oily complexion the right way, or how to get a matte finish without looking like you went crazy with powder. To get the experts' take on how to master the art of matte, keep reading.