Each season, countless hairstyles are showcased on the Fall runways. Some you may have already tried, like the classic ponytail, while others, such as the tousled victory roll, provide inspiration for something new. Be the hair envy of every holiday celebration with these top seven, on-trend picks.
- The model skin care tip you'll want to steal — Refinery29
- Celebrity hair color trends for Fall — HuffPostStyle
- Do you know the charitable cause behind Movember? — The Cut
- 32 hairstyles to try before 2013 — Allure
- See what David Beckham wore in his new cologne ad (gasp!) — Styleite
- Make sure you're using the right moisturizer for your skin — The Fashion Spot
- How to get the perfect eyeliner every time — Real Simple
- 33 new products you have to try this season — Real Beauty
- The easiest way to braid your own hair — Glo
- Tips to keep your curls intact in any weather — Naturally Curly
Ever tried to create a beachy wave with your curling iron, only to wind up with an unwanted spiral curl? The problem likely isn't your curling iron; it's actually the way you're holding it. One iron can create a variety of different looks, depending on how you handle your curling iron and the way you're wrapping hair around it.
If you hold it horizontally . . . You'll wind up with those beachy waves you've been lusting after. Wrap the hair around the iron and let it sit until the hair is warm to the touch. Release the curl and pull on it before it cools down.
- Wrap the hair flat for big, voluminous waves.
- Twist the strands while you wrap for a more texturized wave.
If you hold it vertically . . . Your hair will wind up with a tighter, spiraled curl. These are great for formal occasions or when you're looking for a more polished look.
- Flat-wrap to create a more perfect curl.
- Twist and wrap to form more texture. Tip: brushing out the curls for each of these looks will give you a supershot of volume.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
When you hear the words "lip liner" it's easy to think of the high-contrasting colors of the '80s and '90s. But lip liner is far from an outdated beauty product. In fact, a few swipes of this handy little tool can help your lipstick last from morning until well into the night and it even prevents color from bleeding. Five tips for getting the most out of this cosmetics bag staple below:
- The liner trifecta. There are three lip liner shades you should always have in your arsenal: a red, like MAC Cremestick Liner in Red Enriched ($15); a deep plum, like Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Rum Raisin ($20); and a baby pink, like L'Oréal Colour Riche Lip Liner in Eternal Mauve ($9).
- Outline the lips. Start by lining the natural line of your lips with your pencil. If you need to add definition or depth to your top or bottom lip, use a light touch to keep it looking natural.
- Fill in the top. After the initial line, take your pencil and start sketching in the area of lip under your cupid's bow until it reaches about the middle of your upper lip.
- Fill in the bottom. Next, start filling in the fullest part of your bottom lip with the liner until you reach halfway up your lip, using your finger or a lip brush to diffuse any harshness.
- Finish with your lipstick. And for touch-ups, try using your lip liner instead of your lipstick. This will ensure your lips keep their color for hours on end.
- Yum's serving up bacon pancakes and herbed parmesan cheese snacks
- Bella's stocking up on Jo Malone, L'Occitane, and Dior products
- Tres' diving into Collateral, Fifty Shades of Chicken, and Grace
- Lil's loving Skylar Luna pajamas and wooden rockers
- Fab's found the best chunky sweaters and leather coats
- Casa's cooing over herb wreaths and chic paper place mats
- Buzz's amped about Lincoln, Hitchcock, and Skyfall
- Savvy's studying up on the proper way to say thanks in the workplace
- Fit's flipping for body rollers and luxurious workout wear
- Geek's giddy for Wii U and XBox Music Pass
- Pet's stuck on patriotic collars and tongue-in-cheek dog toys
Love our list of must-have items? Be sure to sign up for the POPSUGAR Must Have box, delivered right to your door! Each month, subscribers will get a box full of fun, must-have products curated from our fashion, beauty, home, and fitness editors. Click here to learn more and sign up for your Must Have box!
The influx of seasonal nail releases can leave even the wildest polish connoisseur's head spinning. After perusing all the newest shades and reviewing the Fall runways, here's your no-fail nail color guide for the season. Stock up on each of these hues, and your manicures will remain on trend through the New Year.
You're in luck — we've reopened orders for our December POPSUGAR Must Have box! The first round sold out so quickly that we decided to increase our inventory to allow for more subscribers and more Must Have fun. In case you missed it, we just revealed everything amazing inside our October Must Have box, and we're still loving all your reactions to our September Must Have box as well. We have exciting surprises in store for our December box and are having so much fun filling January, February, and more. Join POPSUGAR Must Have to receive handpicked items our editors love — from fashion, beauty, home, fitness, and entertainment!
The December boxes are still going fast, so sign up now before we sell out again!
Much to the dismay of hundreds of Twilight fans everywhere, reports that Robert Pattinson would be the new face of Dior's men fragrances turned out to be nothing but rumors and speculation, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor was alleged to have inked a $12 million deal with the fashion house, trumping Brad Pitt's reportedly $7 million deal as the spokesperson for Chanel No. 5. However, the Dior international press offices told The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday morning that there was no truth to the reports and that no contract had been signed. But if Robert Pattinson were to join the Dior camp in the future, he'd be following in the footsteps of other famous actors to promote the iconic fashion house's fragrances, including Jude Law and Natalie Portman.