Now that you've already mastered the art of applying fake eyelashes, why not get a little creative with it? With Halloween close at hand, there's never been a better time than the present to try some of the more unconventional varieties. Take a peek at some of Etsy's most gorgeous homemade lashes, from delicate lace to outrageous feathers.
- See the top hair and makeup trends from Paris Fashion Week
- Feel good about picking up these National Breast Cancer Awareness Month beauty buys
- Ten new polish shades for October that you'll want to wear all season long
- Set your DVRs for these Fall TV shows that are perfect for the beauty-obsessed
- Get the lowdown on the top four hair trends for Fall
- Sick of fake lashes? Try these mascara-layering tips to mimic the style
- See the evolution of Gwen Stefani's beauty looks
- Learn how to get the no-makeup makeup look for medium skin tones
- Take a look back at the most memorable YSL beauty moments from the runway
- You only need these two products to update your makeup for Fall
See How Bloggers and Fellow Shoppers Are Gifting on a Shoestring — and Show Us Your Favorite Picks Under $20
It’s easy to get caught up in the generous spirit of the season, but that doesn’t mean you need to start the New Year in the poorhouse. The secret to great gifting is heart and soul, not dollars and cents — so think about who you’re buying for, get creative, and have fun!
For this week’s holiday shopping mission, we’re inviting readers and bloggers to hit their local T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods stores in search of the best holiday gifts for under $20. Challenge yourself to stretch every cent by scouting out a creatively affordable gift combo, like a colorful cookie jar with biscottis and specialty tea hidden inside or a spa lover’s basket containing a soap, lotion, and candle. With something for everyone on your list at up to 60 percent off department store prices every single day, these stores are your one-stop resource for gifts that are low on price but high on creativity and style.
Be sure to show or tell us about your under-$20 choice by sharing a photo or tweet using the hashtag #TheGifter. You will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and be featured on #TheGifter holiday gifting hub!
Click here now to visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub, and find out how top bloggers and readers just like you are Outgifting For Under $20 this week.
Nail decals make it easy to get an elaborate, striking nail look. And now you can make them at home with this do-it-yourself technique. So grab some wax paper and your imagination. It's time to get crafty. On Kirbie: headband courtesy of ban.do.
A bold lipstick can pull together any look, especially when matched to an amazing outfit. Three of Hollywood's finest proved this point flawlessly this week. Nicole Kidman matched her crimson lip color to her red dress, while Malin Akerman showed off Fall's trendy oxblood shade with both her lipstick and her frock. And Rashida Jones picked a hot-pink hue out of her kaleidoscope ensemble to give her ensemble even more edge. This coordinating look is playful and polished, but who wore it best?
- Feast your eyes on the Sephora Disney princess collection — Everbluec
- How to get a crackle effect with Shellac — Beautopia
- Turn your shower into a relaxation station — The Make-Up Blogette
- October essentials to add to your arsenal — Beauty and the Blog
- Try this rainbow eye makeup for Halloween — Bethy's Beauty Spot
It's Global James Bond Day, marking 50 years since 007's film debut in Dr. No. And sure, James Bond is suave and debonair, but if you ask us, Bond girls have the most fun on and off screen. To mark next month's release of Skyfall, Bond is back with an unexpected accessory: nail polish. Watch the video to preview OPI's collection of colors, and discover how Bond girls have (and haven't) changed over the years.
For the honor of Grayskull, who hasn't secretly wished for She-Ra's sweet winged headdress? Cartoon characters carry a lot of power no matter how old you get, and they almost always have the most awesome hair and makeup. Here are 25 of the coolest cartoon ladies to inspire you, along with ideas for getting their looks without breaking the bank. Ready for a radically fun All Hallows'?