- Check out these 20 celebrity ponytails to get some lift out of your favorite updo
- Peep the newest makeup collaboration between Nars and Andy Warhol
- The 10 Fall eye palettes you'll want in your makeup bag now
- Create a three-shadow eye look to give your makeup more depth
- Get inspired for New York Fashion Week with this Tracy Reese retrospective
- Make a successful trip to the makeup counter with these helpful tips
- Why you should incorporate monoï oil into your beauty routine
- Bring back the '90s with these grunge-inspired waves
- Introduce your fringe to three makeup looks that complement your bangs
Changing your part is the easiest way to try a new look without the commitment, and lately celebrities have been giving us a reason to experiment. Hilary Duff, Miranda Kerr, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have all taken the middle path this week. A center part highlights the face, as it draws the eye directly downward, and it looks beautiful styled with straight or slightly wavy hair. If your natural part is not straight down the center, it's still possible to train it otherwise. Work a mousse, like Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Mousse ($4), into your hair prior to blow drying, keeping it away from your roots to avoid weighing them down. This will ensure that your freshly styled strands stay in place. A quick slide of the flat iron on top of your hair will also help accentuate this dramatic part.
Master nail artist Christina Rinaldi shared her amazing designs with us last year, and now she's just launched her own line of polishes with lacquer-centric beauty brand The New Black. Within the collection, dubbed The Digital Underground, you'll find gray neutrals, jewel-toned hues, and leather-inspired shades (studs included). "This Summer was all about organic, leafy shapes and florals for me, so I think for Fall, we may focus on more structured geometric shapes," she says.
With three sets offered in total — Heathered, Noble Spirits, and Rebel Edge — each includes four regular polishes, along with an additional topcoat that allows you to work in an extra effect. "My initial thoughts for my collections were really about texture," Rinaldi explains. "I wanted to find new ways to create illusions of textures using different techniques. I also wanted to translate my favorite staple style pieces into nails." Look for The Digital Underground by Christina Rinaldi ($24 per set) at Sephora now.
See How Bloggers and Fellow Shoppers Are Gifting on a Shoestring — and Show Us Your Favorite Picks Under $20
It’s easy to get caught up in the generous spirit of the season, but that doesn’t mean you need to start the New Year in the poorhouse. The secret to great gifting is heart and soul, not dollars and cents — so think about who you’re buying for, get creative, and have fun!
For this week’s holiday shopping mission, we’re inviting readers and bloggers to hit their local T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods stores in search of the best holiday gifts for under $20. Challenge yourself to stretch every cent by scouting out a creatively affordable gift combo, like a colorful cookie jar with biscottis and specialty tea hidden inside or a spa lover’s basket containing a soap, lotion, and candle. With something for everyone on your list at up to 60 percent off department store prices every single day, these stores are your one-stop resource for gifts that are low on price but high on creativity and style.
Be sure to show or tell us about your under-$20 choice by sharing a photo or tweet using the hashtag #TheGifter. You will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and be featured on #TheGifter holiday gifting hub!
Click here now to visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub, and find out how top bloggers and readers just like you are Outgifting For Under $20 this week.
- The most intriguing new beauty launches for Fall — Queen of the Quarter Life Crisis
- See the entire James Bond nail polish collection by OPI — My Beauty Diary
- Avoid germs with this DIY hand sanitizer — Beautiful Basics
- Glimpse Lindsay Lohan's beauty looks from Liz & Dick — Beauty and the Blog
- Amp up your nail art with an Essie Luxe Effects topcoat — Shine, Shimmer, Sparkle
To achieve this carefree style, start with a frizz serum, like Frederic Fekkai Smooth Finish ($25), to zap frizz. Blow-dry hair straight and with a center part. Then, grab a one-inch barrel curling iron. Position the iron one-third of the way down from your scalp and tightly wind the hair around it, leaving about an inch loose at the end. After about 10 seconds, slowly slide the curling iron out away from the hair, pulling the end gently to release the ringlet. Spritz with hair spray and repeat the curling process around the rest of your head. Finish with a final mist of hair spray for a breezy hairstyle that's a piece of cake to create.
It's here! We promised you we would be giving away the holy grail of handbags. The most coveted. The ultimate classic. Well, the time has come. Are you ready? We have partnered with Moda Operandi, PurseBlog and ShopStyle for our most amazing handbag giveaway ever. The Birkin! To be exact, it's a gorgeous leather vintage 35cm Indigo Vache Liegee Birkin with Palladium hardware in excellent condition (valued at $10,500) from Heritage Auction.
Brushing, combing, heat styling, and ponytail holders can all give hair a workout, so starting with a strong base is important to both the strength and beauty of how your hair looks and feels. Follow these easy steps to getting the perfect honey bun!
1. Wash hair with Herbal Essences Honey, I’m Strong Shampoo and Conditioner to create a strong, silky base for your style. For extra nourishment and hydration, add the Honey, I’m Strong Rinse Out Treatment into your routine after you shampoo, rinsing out before you begin styling. It’s a great treatment for when your hair needs a little extra TLC. It’s also a good conditioner for thicker hair types.
2. Create a ponytail that sits high on the crown of your head. Separate the ponytail into three sections and backcomb each section of hair for more volume.
3. Loosely braid the ponytail, keeping the braid full, securing the braid at the end with a ponytail holder.
4. Create a bun with the braid by wrapping the braid around itself. Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place, tucking in any loose pieces.
5. Accessorize your honey bun with a headband, or try placing a barrette or hairpin into or near the bun.
Herbal Essences formula has 100 percent natural honey. The Honey, I'm Strong collection works to repair your hair’s protective outer layer and the rinse off treatment provides additional deep conditioning.
We are so excited to share what's in our POPSUGAR Must Have box for August! Even though Summer is coming to an end, we're still focusing on staying fit for relaxing afternoons by the pool and keeping our skin glowing and shine-free. We are also entertaining more at home with our favorite wine and scents that remind us of vacation. We hope you love the box, and if you've yet to join in the fun, then sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have to receive our hand-picked goodies at your doorstep!