We've had a week of spooky Halloween fun on POPSUGAR Girls' Guide these past few days! Jackie Perdue shared a Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" makeup tutorial, Evelina Barry showed us how to make a Russian nesting doll costume, Allison McNamara walked us through a DIY skeleton tee tutorial, and Brandi Milloy uploaded an easy candied-apple how-to. Check it all out, leave us a comment, and make sure to click the subscribe button below for more great videos!
- Dress up for Halloween with one of these costume-y hair accessories
- Why you should change up your braids for the new season
- Check out the latest, greatest lipstick launches
- These street style stars prove that hat hair is something we all want
- Restock your entire Fall makeup kit on a budget
- 10 reasons Heidi Klum is the queen of Halloween makeup
- These cat-eye makeup looks are ripped right off the runways
- Planning a wedding? Get beauty inspiration from Bridal Week
- How to make fake blood for a more gory Halloween
- All the manicure trends you need to know for Fall
Not only has Kerry Washington been named Neutrogena's latest brand ambassador, but the actress will also take on the job of creative consultant for the company.
If you're wondering what a creative consultant does, it's a lot like her Olivia Pope role on Scandal. She'll help brainstorm marketing campaigns and product development by testing things out herself, reaching out on social media for input. "For me, it's not just about consulting, but it's also about being a voice outside the company," she told us in a phone interview. "It's to sort of say, 'Beauty is not just about loading on products to try to look like somebody else. It's really about being the best, healthiest version of yourself.'"
That's not all Kerry had to share. Find out the product she never goes to bed without applying, along with the things she learned on the Save the Last Dance set that she still uses today, after the jump.
This week we saw all sorts of flattering hair and makeup ideas that are all quite simple to try out yourself. From Jennifer Garner's pink lipstick choice to Miranda Kerr's red lips and sideswept waves, this week was all about perfecting classic beauty looks with pops of unexpected color. Click through for some weekend inspiration!
Leave it to Kate Middleton to put our middle-school gym ponytails to shame. The Duchess of Cambridge made her first solo public appearance postbaby to play a game of volleyball at a SportsAid athlete workshop in England. As always, her chestnut locks were perfectly coiffed in a silky, flawless blowout.
Now, there are plenty of tricks to making your blowout last this Fall, but when in doubt, twist your hair into a high topknot for your gym session. When you're done, make sure to spritz your hairline with a dry shampoo, such as Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo ($18). Work it into your hair with your fingertips, and then brush it out completely. You'll look just as royal as Kate Middleton . . . well, at least close to it.
As you fully embrace Fall beauty trends this month, don't forget about your nails. Sure, you can just trade in your Summer hues for darker polishes, but there are a few other fresh ways to update your manicure look right now.
1. Go for deep royal shades. "Not jewel tones but darker, edgier tones of purple, teal, red, and brown," says Danielle Candido, the lead nail pro and educator for Gelish.
2. Nail art is still in. "Nail art is no longer confined to painting intricate designs on an individual nail," Candido explains. "Now, nail art is more conceptual and driven by the current fashion and textile trends." She recommends trying a matte top coat to give your manicure an edgier texture or leathered appearance. She also adds, "Bits of mylar and glitter added to gel polishes give the surface a chunky and gritty feel."
3. Dress up your nails for Halloween. "Beginners can make a spooky impression just by adding a matte top coat instead of a shiny one," she says. "A more advanced style is to drop little droplets of shiny top coat at the free edge." And for the very skilled DIYer, Candido recommends trying a tricolored fade of yellow, orange, and red, with holiday-themed appliqués of spiderwebs and ghosts on top.
Ever since her turn as the title character on Veronica Mars, Kristen Bell has been making us laugh . . . and making us envious of her California-girl-cool approach to beauty. The actress and new mom just got married, so we're taking a look back at her best hair and makeup moments. Just keep clicking to see her wide range of styles.
Bangs are having a serious moment in Hollywood. It seems like celebrities across the board cannot get enough of their fringe benefits, whether they're swept off to the side, feathered across the forehead, or just-rolled-out-of-bed mussy. If you're considering taking the big chop and just need a little push (or you just can't get enough of Alexa Chung's choppy bangs), click through to see some of the best celebrity bangs of the moment.
Olivia Palermo is out to prove that you always have time for a chic updo, and we love her for it. You know that seamless-looking bun she's swept her hair into time after time? According to her, it takes under 30 seconds to achieve and only utilizes three products.
We love Olivia's hairstyle for a casual brunch out with friends or a day at the office. "You kind of just shake out your hair," she told us at the recent 20th anniversary party for the Stuart Weitzman 5050 boot. "I always brush it, and you shake it out and then put it up." Olivia first gathers her hair up with a Goody Secure Fit Elastic ($4). "My favorite beauty product for my hair is Elnett Hair Spray ($15)," she says. "Elnett, some bobby pins, a little bit of a comb, and you're done. It takes literally 25 seconds." And the best part is, you can sleep in and still get it done. Take that, alarm clock.