- Miley Cyrus has a new tattoo. Can you guess where? — People
- Why bananas should be on your beauty shopping list — HuffPost Style
- How to get better skin without even trying — Allure
- The best beauty buys, all under $20 — Real Simple
- Remedy limp hair this season with these dry shampoos — Real Beauty
- All you need to steal Kate Bosworth's red carpet look — The Fashion Spot
- These feline bouffants will make your bad hair days look tame — POPSUGAR Pets
- 15 most popular curly girl products of all time — Naturally Curly
- The right way for a brunette to go blonde — Daily Makeover
- There's a series of Kevyn Aucoin makeup tutorials — InStyle
The following post was written by Ivy Boyd, who blogs at Wake Up For Makeup, and is part of POPSUGAR Select Beauty.
I don't even know who my skin is lately. We used to be pretty tight, laughing all the time, doing makeup together, and having a great time. Well, it's like my skin heard Fall was coming and decided that would be an excellent time to freak out and lose its mind. My skin has always been on the dry side, but it was suddenly full of dry flakes. I started breaking out all over and my foundation just looked gross due to my skin's sudden alligator texture.
It was truly time for some skin rehab! Believe it or not, oils can become your skin's new best friend and initiate a skintervention. Here are some wonderful ones, where I use them, and why.
Essie nail polishes have been a staple of our editors for years, and every time the brand releases a new collection, we're so eager to see what new and amazing shades (and clever names) it's come up with. For the latest set, Essie is releasing For the Twill of It, which has a range of colors including a dark blue, a cool gray-green, a cool silver, and more. The brand's celebrity manicurist stopped by to show off the set and talk about which celebrities — including Connie Britton, Christina Hendricks, and more — wore Essie to this week's Emmy Awards! Watch our Daily Obsession, and shop Essie now!
Essie is giving five lucky readers the chance to win the new Essie 2013 Fall collection! Follow @essiepolish on Instagram, and post your favorite look from the Emmy Awards red carpet with the hashtag #essieredcarpet. The winner will be selected on Oct. 1, 2013.
Sensitive eyes can really get the rough end of the deal when it comes to makeup removers. Between the stinging and the drying, it might seem like nothing can get your waterproof eye makeup off. Enter Darphin Gentle Eye Makeup Remover ($35). Made from distilled flowers, this gentle-as-silk makeup remover effectively dissolves eye makeup in minutes.
And it acts like a mini spa treatment, on top of it all. Just add a couple of drops to two cotton balls and pat them against your eyes for a few seconds. Slowly rotate around the creases and crevasses of your eyes to gently remove makeup. Lavender balances and purifies, orange flower calms and soothes, and damascena rose water softens and hydrates. So not only does it remove your makeup, but it also helps to soothe your eyes. You haven't tried a makeup remover until you've tried this one.
Why be a damsel in fashion distress this Fall when you can shop gorgeous, wearable inspiration from Damsel in Dior Jacey Duprie and gorjana?
Whether you’re a devoted fan of the accessories brand and LA-based blogger, or you simply need a few easy, eye-catching pieces to keep your look on-trend, you won’t want to miss a stunning collaboration of jewelry and handbags codesigned by Jacey and gorjana.
Delicate pieces like the Hanger Necklace, symbolic of the Damsel in Dior logo, and the Bulldog Studs, designed in honor of Duprie’s precious pets, are not only reminiscent of the people, places, and things closest to the designer’s heart, they’re also classic and chic ways for her fellow fashionistas to make a statement (or do good: five pieces were designed specifically for the New Hope Initiative benefiting impoverished women in Kiberia).
Shop the look that best suits your style — or try a new edge for Fall! Click here to check out the Damsel x gorjana collection and receive a special limited-time offer just for POPSUGAR users. Simply shop the site and use code SweetSugar to receive 20% off sitewide purchases excluding sale merchandise. Offer expires Oct. 3, so start shopping now!
- Haunt up your house with $15 or less! — Smart Living
- You'll never want to get out of these lavish hotel bathtubs — Home
- Which pumpkin spice latte slays the competition? — Food
- How to say "I love you" before you're ready to use the words — Love & Sex
- How many Emmys did your favorite show win? — Entertainment
- Scruff it up with the sexiest beards in the business — Beauty
- Avoid the pesky vegan diet weight gain — Fitness
- Get a load of Miley's crazy Rolling Stones interview! — Celebrity & News
- Upcycle your old iPhone into something new — Tech
- Wear your heart on your sleeve with these cute printed clothes — Moms
- Video: Get the top secret intel on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — Entertainment
- You can already shop Phillip Lim's 2014 Target bags! — Fashion
Rose Byrne was picture perfect on the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards, and part of that was due to her stylist, Harry Josh. Harry, in addition to taming the coifs of celebrities, has a new hair dryer that practically everyone is raving about (hello, Miranda Kerr!), so he knows a thing or two about how to give good hair.
Harry walks us through, step by step, how to achieve Rose's disco waves — they were inspired by a photo of Bianca Jagger in the '70s — and made them wearable and modern for the red carpet.
On Kirbie: Rebecca Taylor top.
Off to the City of Lights for Paris Fashion Week, but what to take with us from our beauty arsenal? It's all about products that come in handy three-ounce packages and live in solid states rather than liquids, and serious long-wearing makeup for long days spent running between shows. Will we shop for more products once we're there? You bet. But you have to have a touch of home and dependable products to get you through such a madcap week. See (and shop!) our picks right this way.
Oils are great moisturizers that bring hydration and life back to everything from your hair and nails to your face and body. While there are plenty of luxurious options on the market, there are just as nourishing finds that won't break the bank. Click on to discover our favorite beautifying oils that don't go over $10.