Minimalist beauty may definitely be a trend for Milan Fashion Week Spring 2014, and Roberto Cavalli is going right along with it. His models wore barely there makeup as they walked down the runway clad in glamorous fashions. Flawless skin, brushed-up brows, and a swipe or two of mascara was all it took to make their natural beauty shine. Hair was kept down and center parted and was slicked down from the part to the ears.
For Bottega Veneta's Spring 2014 show, beauty was more about subtlety than over-the-top looks. Makeup was kept surprisingly minimal, focusing on soft pinks on both the cheeks and lips. Eyes had a glossy finish to them and were framed by bold brows. As for the hair, the focus was more on what wasn't happening. Simple, straight hair with a slight bend gave off a just-rolled-out-of-bed vibe. The overall look, including the clothing collection, was super sexy, yet attainable, for Spring.
The 2013 Emmys are right around the corner, but before the awards are passed out on September 22nd, we're giving you a chance to predict the winners. The television enthusiast who makes the most correct guesses can win $1,000 and an iPad!
It's easy to enter:
Step 1: Fill out your predictions with our online Emmy ballot .
Step 2: Enter your e-mail address and submit your ballot!
Pretty easy, huh? Let's see if you've got what it takes to make the most accurate Emmy predictions!
Keep your fingers crossed on Sept. 22nd, because if you predict the highest number of Emmy winners, then you could be the lucky winner of $1,000 and an iPad!
The House of Givenchy was opened in 1952, with Audrey Hepburn in place as one of designer Hubert de Givenchy's original muses. While the brand still captures the chic, feminine moments of the midcentury ideal, today's collections have an edge. Models are frequently done up in overstated eye makeup with slick, slightly waved hair. Get ready for Paris Fashion Week by checking out some modern-day interpretations of the fashion house's forward-looking approach.
This week on POPSUGAR Girls' Guide, we shared a killer Banana Boat S'mores recipe on Just Add Sugar with Brandi Milloy (picture it: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, marshmallows, bananas). We also revealed more footage from Top That! host Becca Frucht's interview with Lil Bub, including a spot-on impersonation of the celebrity feline by cohost Tyler Oakley. Allison McNamara shared an all-new episode of Designer DIY, walking us through how to make on-trend ombré canvas shoes. Finally, this week's Top That! lightning round uncovered which celebrities went to high school together. As always, let us know what you think, and click that subscribe button below for more great videos!
ICB by Prabal Gurung's Spring 2014 show will forever be engrained in our minds as having one of the best nail art looks on the runways. Katie Jane Hughes, global color ambassador for Butter London, used nail art foil as well as a new unreleased overcoat (Leccy, coming out in October) to create a manicure fit for ICB's '90s grunge raver girl. It's so simple to re-create, so we gave it a go — in less than five minutes.
On Kirbie: Express top
- London Fashion Week may have passed, but the street style looks are lasting
- The 5 LFW beauty trends you need to know for Spring 2014
- Stock your makeup kit with these blushes under $10 without the guilt
- Before this year's Emmys, look back on the most crazy beauty moments
- Fall is coming! Celebrate with these 10 new makeup palettes
- Want Kim Kardashian's makeup secrets? Her makeup artist tells all
- These celebrities will give it to you straight . . . straight hair, that is
- Olivia Wilde has a new acting gig and it's for the new Avon fragrance
- Emmy Rossum lists her beauty must haves and her latest Instagram fetish
- Revealed! The exact products used to get Kate Upton's curls for Vanity Fair
For Spring 2014 in Milan, Versace sent models down the catwalk with a tough-girl edge. Would you expect anything less? The makeup was mostly neutral, but the eyes were rimmed with black kohl eyeliner and slightly smudged for a lived-in effect. The hair was the ultimate rolled-around-in, slept-on, teased-then-tousled, flyaways-are-welcome texture with middle parts. And to complement all the metallic fabrics in the collection, the nails had a high-shine finish.
- Take 20% off full-priced items at Kate Spade through Oct. 6; enter SEPT20US.
- Save up to 60% at Dolce Vita's end-of-season sale, plus get free shipping on all orders.
- Save 25% at the Theory friends and family sale.
- Save 25% at the Helmut Lang friends and family sale.
- Take 30% off your order at Last Call through Sept. 23.
- Save 25% on all online clearance items at Neiman Marcus.
- Take 20% off orders of $100 or more at Shu Uemura today, plus get free shipping; enter SHU20OFF.
- Save 30% to 40% on Pre-Fall clothing at Tory Burch.