- Her biggest beauty secret is the easiest we've heard — The Cut
- Forget nail art; this eyelid art is out of this world — HuffPost Style
- Why you should shower in orange juice (kind of) — Allure
- Solutions for tired eyes and other holiday beauty issues — Real Simple
- Date night looks that'll blow him away — The Fashion Spot
- Find the right Winter fragrance for your personality — InStyle
- 9 reasons to have supple skin all season — Byrdie
- The holiday beauty deals you should be buying for yourself! — YouBeauty
- Who knew black eyeliner could be so exciting? — Real Beauty
- Sofia Coppola wants you to run through a field of daisies — Nylon
Kate Middleton is the woman we want to be when it comes to hair. Even though she's had a whirlwind year so far (having a baby and all), Kate's blowouts have never fallen flat. We have had plenty of opportunities to see her hair on parade, like her ponytail snapped above at the premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. We're taking a look back at Kate's crowning glory: her enviable mane.
February: Kate Visits Hope House
Early March: The Duchess During Her Official Visit to Grimsby, England
See more of Kate's stunning hair moments from this year when you read on.
Pantone has announced its color for 2014, and the winner is Radiant Orchid. We think this is a fabulous choice for a bevy of reasons. We've already seen this hue in its multiple shades on the Spring 2014 runways of Costello Tagliapietra, Naeem Khan, and PPQ (above).
But aside from that, a bunch of celebrities have also been spotted sporting this look. AnnaSophia Robb (above, left) swept the shade across her lids, while color enthusiast Lupita Nyong'o (above, right) wore the exact shade on her lips. The best part, though? We definitely already own it . . . in multiples! The color is superwearable, be it on your nails, on your eyes, or across your lips, and looks good on a lot of different skin tones. But just in case you aren't already stocked, we've got you covered. Shop your new favorite products below!
So bring on your gifting list — the bigger, the better — and experience the greatest joy yet when splurging on loved ones. Need some inspiration? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide video, featuring fab finds for all the VIPs in your life, including mom, dad, your boyfriend, and more.
With the new Quicksilver® Visa from Capital One®, you can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day. There’s no annual fee and no hassle of rotating categories or signups needed to earn your rewards. Factor in a one-time $100 bonus when you charge $500 within the first three months, and your holiday shopping is about to get a whole lot more exciting!
Don’t forget to use your Capital One® Quicksilver® card so you can treat yourself thanks to the cash back rewards!
Happy shopping — and earning!
There's more to Kelly Osbourne's topknot than initially meets the eye. The star pulled her hair up into a high bun for the Make-a-Wish Gala in Los Angeles last night and added a spiked hair accessory just above the nape of her neck. She kept her makeup pretty classic with winged eyeliner and nude lipstick, although we wouldn't go so far as to call her purple braid a classic. The shade is actually more like Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year, radiant orchid, making Kelly's signature hair hue ahead of the trend. See more shots of her tough-girl style from all angles!
Whenever Jessica Biel makes an appearance, she never disappoints, and such was the case at last night's The Truth About Emanuel premiere in LA. With plenty of stars showing off holiday-appropriate looks lately — think berry lips and jewel-toned makeup palettes — Jessica's rosy look was like a breath of fresh air. While a petal-pink lip feels more Spring than Winter, her glowing makeup look clearly works with black and leather, too. She balanced her bright pink lipstick with a soft, silvery smoky eye. To finish off such a feminine look, her cheeks were given a soft flush of color and mascara for long, flirty lashes.
Getting this fresh-faced look is easy to copy. Dab on some BB cream for a glowing complexion, then opt for a cream blush to give your skin that lit-from-within glow. While the rosy pink lipstick is the focus of this look, don't forget to enhance your eyes with a sparkling gray smoky eye and lengthening mascara for fluttery lashes. Shop our picks below!
The cold air of Winter might leave you feeling more dry than usual. To make sure your hair, skin, and nails stay radiant all season long, it's time to consider adding in some moisturizing treatments to your beauty routine. Here are some simple ways to enjoy some pampering, while also infusing yourself with added hydration.
For Hair and Face
1. Suki Hair / Scalp Conditioning Oil ($33): An itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable, it can also lead to dandruff. Nourish you hair and scalp with this blend of organic lavender, rosemary, and neem oils to calm and hydrate your scalp, while also adding shine and protection to dried-out strands.
2. Sensai Intensive Hair Mask ($57): Wake up a lackluster mane with this deep conditioning treatment that boasts Asian botanicals to help hydrate and repair dry, damaged hair. It will leave your hair soft and smooth with a fresh floral scent to boot.
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90): This cult classic mask is a makeup artist favorite for instant hydration and that covetable dewy complexion. Leave this on your face and let the skin-brightening ingredients soak right on in.
See more moisturizing treatments for the neck down when you keep reading.
Holiday shopping can go one of two ways: it can be a joyous occasion of picking out what to give . . . or it can leave you having spent most of your emergency fund. Fear not, beauty lovers! If you have a friend or family member just as obsessed with makeup, hair, and skin care as you are, these gifts will get them grinning from ear to ear, and they're all for $30 or less. Now that's something to carol about. On Kirbie: Shoshanna dress
You've probably seen Deborah Lippmann's handiwork in the likes of Vogue or on the runways at New York Fashion Week, but she's most well-known for her line of polishes that you can find at many department stores and Sephora. We tapped the celebrity manicurist for her holiday shopping list, and just like her polishes — you'll find nothing but luxury here. From cozy cashmere blankets to a special spa treatment, see what Deborah is gifting this season.
— Additional reporting by Kaitlyn Dreyling