It's been 20 years since the kids of the original Beverly Hills, 90210 graduated high school, but the show is still a cult favorite among loyal fans. And who wouldn't love it? Between the crazy eye makeup and oversize hair, the show definitely captured a moment in beauty. We're celebrating this anniversary with a high school reunion of sorts and looking back at the iconic beauty hits and misses from the original series.
The lob has risen in the ranks to become the must-have haircut of 2013. This longer bob (hence, lob) can range anywhere from below the chin to just above the collarbone. Celebrities like Nicole Richie, Karlie Kloss, and January Jones have all been spotted wearing the versatile, stylish look. And if you need more convincing, check out this celebrity inspiration roundup to print before your Spring haircut appointment.
The Cannes Film Festival is well under way, with stars like Audrey Tautou, Nicole Kidman, and Emma Watson showing face at photocalls. These more casual events are a feast for the eyes — and not just for the beautiful fashion choices the celebrities make. Their hair and makeup are typically fresh, pretty, and (most importantly) easy to replicate at home. Click through to see all of the best photocall looks straight from Cannes.
- Beauty lessons to learn from Olivia Wilde — Allure
- See all the best beauty looks from Saved by the Bell — HuffPost Style
- Happiness is just a shower away with these washes — The Cut
- New hair care products you should know about — Real Simple
- Add color to your look with this bold lipstick choice — The Fashion Spot
- 3 easy updos for naturally textured hair — Refinery29
- Teen Vogue's beauty director on diversity in the industry — Racked
- Instant detanglers for curly hair — Naturally Curly
- Nail Dianna Agron's eye look with this palette — InStyle
- Try this easy, textured ponytail for your next party — The Beauty Department
Getting a magnificent head of hair can be as simple as spritzing on a dry shampoo. It was hard, but we narrowed down a few of the best: one new launch from the inventors of the accessible blowout salon Drybar, one that creates volume and lift, and one that even cleans your scalp. Yes, 'tis true. Not washing your hair was never as sexy at this.
Looking to add a little razzle-dazzle to your bridal hairstyle? A simple hair accessory is a wonderful way to bring some sparkle to your already glamorous look. And where better to source the ultimate in hair jewelry than the red carpet? Flip through to see how your favorite stars sported hair accessories, and gain some serious inspiration.
Need beauty advice on the go? Allure has a list of the best beauty apps to answer your questions in a hurry.
OK — most of us are practically surgically attached to our smartphones. And yes, Words With Friends is great. But what about maximizing the beauty capabilities of your tech best friend? We rounded up some of our favorite applications for beauty junkies like us, ones that let you try on hair styles, nail polishes, and shadows, and grab a great deal for your next spa visit. Check 'em out.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and Cargo's new Texas Liner ($20) proves just that. The stout liner stick has an oversize felt tip, making application a snap . . . even for beginners or those with a shaky grip. Want a tight line? The tapered tip allows for that. More in the mood for a sexy, oversize cat eye? Flip the stick and glide the applicator along its side. The point is even small enough to dab in between your itty-bitty lower lashes, making a tight lower lash line easier than ever. The Texas Liner's formula is quick drying, allowing you to instantly curl and add mascara to your lashes without fear of smudging. Big things really do come in small packages.
- Which movies made a splash at the Cannes Film Festival? — Entertainment
- What to wear to your Memorial Day BBQ — Fashion
- Kate Middleton has a sunny afternoon with her in-laws — Celebrity
- Outdoor decorating inspired by Instagram — Home
- Get online dating at your fingertips — Sex & Culture
- Is there smartphone etiquette at weddings? — Tech
- Why we love Connie Britton's hair on Nashville — Beauty
- Spice up your weeknight with garlic kale and poached eggs — Food
- A list of foods to avoid before the beach — Fitness
- Video: Make your own clutch from scratch — Fashion
- Try these patriotic crafts for Memorial Day — Moms
- Tips to writing a perfect cover letter — Smart Living
- See artsy pics of animals at the Hagenbeck Zoo — Pets