If you're looking to get out into Mother Nature while the weather is on good behavior, a camping trip is a good getaway choice. But mention "beauty products" and "camping" in the same sentence, and images of Troop Beverly Hills come to mind. And while packing your entire makeup routine up for a weekend in the woods is a bit extreme, there are definitely some products that should come along with you when you rough it.
- Dry shampoo: Not every campsite will have a shower station, and if they do, wet hair in the woods can wind up being a chore. Stick with a dry shampoo, like Dove Style+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo ($5), to refresh your locks.
- Spray-on toner: Sweaty from a day of hiking and sitting around the campfire? Your skin needs a little perk. Keep Evian Facial Water Spray ($11) in your backpack to rehydrate and cleanse your skin when you need it.
- Waterproof mascara: Just because you're roughing it doesn't mean your beauty products have to stay at home. A waterproof mascara like Rimmel London Scandal Eyes ($12) is the perfect blend between pretty and functional.
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF: Keep your skin quenched, protected, and glowing with a tinted moisturizer with an SPF. Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($34) is light enough to wear all day and offers up good protection from the sun.
- Facial cleansing wipes: Even though your bathroom sink is miles away that's no reason to let your skin cleansing routine slide. Keep breakouts at bay with cleansing wipes like Yes to Cucumber Soothing Facial Towelettes ($3).
- Sweet smelling bug repellent: Bug repellent that doesn't leave behind an awful chemical scent? Yes, it does actually exist! Jao Outscent ($50) keeps the pests away and smells of jasmine and sandalwood. You'll want to wear it whether you're camping or couch surfing.