Whether they're dramatic and sexy or subtle and sweet, smoky eyes are a makeup classic that never go out of style. While black eyeliner and shades of gray are the traditional tools to create a smoky look, we've spotted plenty of other examples on the red carpet. Here are over 50 of our favorite celebrities wearing the smoky eye trend. Get inspired!
Fashion Month Spring 2014 has come to a close. The models are packing up for home, the designers are sketching out plans for the next season, and we editors are jumping for joy. Between New York and Paris, we have a month's worth of runway and street style beauty moments to recap. Sure, you're not supposed to wear these looks until March, but aren't rules made to be broken? Review all our coverage from the international Fashion Weeks when you read on.
- Feast your eyes on the best nail looks from New York.
- No one does it better than the chic women spotted on the streets of the Big Apple during Fashion Week (but we are biased).
- From orange lipstick to the half-moon manicure, see which beauty trends New York had to offer for Spring 2014.
- Get an insider look at what it's like to be at NYFW by checking out our Instagram diary from backstage.
- We attended nearly 50 shows in NYC; here's a complete recap of all we covered.
- And we were taking notes while we were backstage. We got the best hair and makeup tips from the pros (and the models, too).
- From Tom Ford to Mulberry, the manicures in London were mostly nude with a handful of outstanding exceptions.
- When you're as gorgeous as these fashion-loving Brits, makeup is optional.
- The London runways were awash with pink makeup, blown-out strands, and metallic nail shades. And those are just a few of our favorite trends from the UK.
Review our coverage from Milan and Paris when you keep reading.
Fashion Month has come and gone, and the last hurrah is Paris. The trends at the Spring 2014 shows ranged far and wide, running the gamut from barely there makeup to over-the-top beauty. Be in the know with all the top hair, makeup, and nail looks when you click through our gallery.
While the runway is a fantastic resource for aspirational beauty, the red carpet is where the trends truly start to take shape. We've been doing a bit of celebrity stalking to determine the top trends for Fall. From the must-have manicure we spotted on Kerry Washington to the eye shadow shade we want to steal from Olivia Wilde, read on to see the most wanted hair, makeup, and nails for this season.
- The bob: Bye, bye lob. Hello, bob. In a surprise move, the stars are chopping off their hair for the colder months. Chin-length bobs are all the rage right now, and we've seen a lot of asymmetrical cuts, too.
- Straight strands: Trade in your curling iron for a flat iron this Fall. Aim for the supersleek look in the Winter months to take the place of summery, tousled beach waves.
- The braided undercut: Braids are a year-round trend, but we predict the braided undercut style will continue to be the top style over the next few months. We're basing this forecast on celebrities, of course, and both Jennifer Aniston and Kristen Stewart have rocked this look (so it's pretty much a sure thing).
Get the full trend report after the jump.
The latest trend in skin perfection is face masks in the form of cloth sheets drenched with potent skin ingredients. Whether you have blemished skin, dryness, or a blotchy complexion, there's a sheet mask out there made for your specific concerns. Click on to find out which ones were made for your skin type.
Fall trends are often darker and more moody than the Summer trends they follow, as we move away from bronzed skin and neon brights to make way for smokier looks and jewel tones. Purple is always a popular choice, but it can be one of the trickiest makeup colors to get right. The wrong shade applied in the wrong place can make you look bruised or ill, and olive-skinned beauties in particular may need to test a few products to find the right shade. But get those color combos correct, and purple can really lift your look.
The key is to be brave; pick bright eye shadow shades and go heavy on the application (like the models at the Jason Wu Fall 2013 show, pictured) or stay one step ahead, and go for the safer option of purple nails or goth-inspired lipstick (seen top right at Marchesa for Spring 2014). Keep clicking for some failsafe products that'll help you get the look.
Milan Fashion Week has come to a close, leaving only the Parisian runways for the Spring 2014 season. But before you get runway whiplash, take a look at this cheat sheet of the top five beauty trends from Milan. While we've spotted some of these looks before in New York and London, the Italian designers have put their own perspective on each style. Click through to review the best hair and makeup moments from Milan. Three down, one to go.
Wedged between New York and Milan Fashion Weeks, London runways are the edgiest and most daring of all. But for the Spring 2014 season, we spotted a few beauty trends that even the average woman can easily pull off. In fact, some were also trends from NYFW. However, there are also some new trends to try, too. Click through to discover the top five trends from the British catwalks.
You don't have to wait until Spring rolls around to start test-driving the hottest trends from the runway. While braids and barely-there makeup will always be in vogue, you'll be surprised at some of the more shocking styles to come out of Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week. Low ponytails, slicked-down hair, bright orange lips, and glitter were all spotted slinking down the runways. Oh, and did we mention nail art is far from dead? Get a leg up on everyone else, and be in the know about what's going to be hot come March.
— Additional reporting by Jessica Cruel, Maria Del Russo, and Kaitlyn Dreyling