Leonor Greyl is a favorite hair care brand of French women, demanding beauty professionals and models. Just ask Jessica Stam what drugstore products she can't live without, and she'll tell you: Leonor Greyl. (But Jess hon, upscale French pharmacies aren't exactly the types of drugstores we had in mind. Leave it to a model to only have the best—can you really blame her?)
What's great about Leonor Greyl products is that not only do they smell just incredible, but they correct, restore, nourish and pamper the specific needs of your hair type, never weighing hair down or altering the color. To date, there are over 30 products in the collection. All have been created from natural and high-quality ingredients. I can't wait to learn more about this line and experiment with a few of their treatments.
The philosophy of Leonor Greyl is based around the idea that healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp. She believes there are five basic steps that everyone can follow to attain a healthy head. For a detailed description of each of the steps, read more
- Beautiful hair and a healthy scalp require adopting proper daily habits. . Shampoo hair for at least five minutes (!) and detangle before you ever begin shampooing to cut down breakage.
- Find the right shampoo for you. After detangling, wet hair and apply shampoo. While lathering, also give yourself a scalp massage. Rub gently in circular motions, to rejuvenate scalp circulation. Keep adding water to the hair so that shampoo becomes completely emulsified.
- Your rinsing-out method is important. Rinse your hair carefully with lukewarm water. Properly rinsed hair should ‘squeak’ under your fingers. If possible, end your rinse with a cold rinse. This will close the cuticles and leave hair looking shiny.
- A conditioning mask will help repair your hair Apply to towel-dried hair and leave on for five to ten minutes. Detangle the ends by adding water to the hair with a wide-toothed comb. Rinse and gently towel dry.
- Leave-in treatment should be applied to the scalp after hair is towel dried. Either dry with a hairdryer or allow hair to dry naturally.