Eye creams are total wallet drainers, but thankfully, you don't have to spend more than $20 to get results. Recently, a reader wrote in asking about some great affordable eye creams, with ones formulated for preventing dark circles and crepiness in particular. I've done some research to uncover five of the highest-rated eye creams addressing the most common under-the-eye issues — all within a reasonable price range. Score.
To find out more about these top five, keep reading.
- A natural approach: Nature's Gate Ultimate Comfort Eye Cream ($14) wins points for the way it instantly absorbs into the skin, leaving the eye area lightly hydrated and smooth. Note that it does contain parabens, though, so super-natural girls may want to see Burt's Bees below.
- Something for those dark circles: Biore Skin Preservation See the Future Fortifying Eye Cream ($14) works to reduce puffiness and dark circles, and is perfect for those of you who like a texture somewhere in between a lightweight cream and a gel. Bonus? The squeeze tube dispenses the perfect amount of product onto your fingers.
- For sensitive skin: Boots Expert Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream is a true bargain at only $5.25, and thanks to its delicate, lightweight, no-frills formulation, it is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- A radiance-enhancing gel: If radiance is what you're longing for, Avon Solutions Plus Total Radiance Eye Gel ($12.50) is a great option, offering soothing, depuffing, hydrating, and brightening properties all in one.
- Super hydration: Burt's Bees Royal Jelly Eye Creme ($16.50) uses vitamin-packed royal jelly to nourish the thin skin surrounding the eyes. Because this product is so emollient and hydrating, many people prefer using it as a nighttime cream, but during cold seasons, it's a great option for the daytime, too.