Good lord, when did it get to be time for Fall cosmetics yet? Summer hasn't even officially begun! Leave it to Chanel to be the first in line to set the gold standard with their launch — and I mean that in the most literal sense. The new collection was designed by Peter Philips (the new Chanel makeup designer) and in true Chanel form, he drew his inspiration from Coco's decadent apartment to create a gold-based range. I'm seriously wondering if metallics have made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for longest-running makeup trend.
The collection is filled with 20 new products, including two limited-edition gold items. The first is a powder highlighter called Gold Fever ($50), which can be worn on the face or the body and the second is a pale, shimmery gold nail polish called Gold Fiction ($30). Everything will be available in July.
For a complete list and a brief description of each of the new products in the Fall 2008 collection, read more.
- Rouge Hydrabase Creme Lipstick ($26) will be available in three new shades; Simply Pink (coral pink), Fantastic Plum (deep purple) and Great Copper (bronze).
- Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour ($30) has a sexy new, creamy coral red on the market called Enthusiast.
- Aqualumière Sheer Colour Lipshine with SPF 15 ($26) introduces two new shades in Formentera (beigey rose) and Papeete (cranberry).
- Glossimer (Lip Gloss) ($26) and my personal favorite Chanel lip lacquer will have three new shades for Fall. They are Amberlight (bronze), Delight (lilac), and Gold Light, (shimmery gold).
- Precision Lip Definer ($28) will be available in Pretty Pink (medium-toned, nude pink).
- Eye Shadow Quad in Reflets d’Ombre, ($55) is a palette of four shadows in coffee, dark green, ivory, and gold.
- Soft Touch Eyeshadow : ($27.50) will come in a new duo that contains Le Bronze, (metallic brown) on one side and Bois Bleu (dark teal) on the other.
- Silky Eyeshadow Duo in Cristal-Dusk ($40) contains two shadows in white and brown.
- Precision Eye Definer in Denim ($27.50), is a grey-ish, slate blue.
- Powder Blush in Rose Dust ($42) is a pinky, plum shade.
- Soft Pressed Powder in Almond ($50) a shimmery beige.
- Nail Color in Kaléidoscope ($19) is a fashion-forward greenish-gold shade.
- Nail Color in Fantastic ($19) is a deep, plummy wine (this color never seems to go out of style).