Everyone loves a great gift with purchase, but a Gift with Purpose can be twice as nice. From now until Sept. 29, each Macy's customer will receive a six-piece beauty gift in an exclusive Feed 10 pouch with the purchase of two Clarins products. But that's not all a little shopping spree will give you. With the purchase, Clarins will donate 10 nutritious school meals to The Feed Foundation. In conjunction with the World Food Programme, Feed will then provide those meals to severely hungry children around the world in an effort to eradicate childhood hunger. You can pick up your product (and your warm, fuzzy feeling) at Clarins counters at Macy's stores and online until Sept. 29.
A simple cat eye lends the perfect amount of wearable glamour, and Prisca Courtin-Clarins teaches us her trick to easily mastering the classic look. Prisca, the granddaughter of Jacques Courtin-Clarins, has learned plenty of family beauty secrets, and in this video above, she's showing us her secret to using the 3-Dot Liner eyeliner pen ($26). It makes creating the perfect cat eye as easy as connect the dots. Don't forget to check out the brand's Beauty Flash Blog for more inspiring French style and beauty. Nailing that subtly chic Parisian style just got easier.
- Bottega Veneta has commissioned artist Nancy Lorenz to create a series of decorative boxes, which will go on display at Milan's Salone del Mobile. The boxes cost €5,000, or $6,429 at current exchange. [Style.com]
- Want a piece from Dolce & Gabbana's couture collection? Break out the stationery — all communication for Alta Moda is done with handwritten notes. [Telegraph]
- JCPenney has tapped jewelry designers Lana Bramlette, Kenneth Jay Lane, and Kara Ross, among others, to participate in its new jewelry counter called Bijoux Bar. [Racked]
- Marie Claire Mexico editor in chief Adriadne Grant has a transparent tip to success: "If you want the job, you have to be really clear of what you want," she said. "A lot of people come to me and say they really want to work at Marie Claire. OK, why?" [Daily Front Row]
If you're anything like us, serious skin care gets you buzzing like nothing else. But even if you're not a product junkie, chances are that you'll benefit from some of the newest creams and serums to hit the market. We've spent the last month trying out — and we mean really trying out — some of the latest launches. These are some of the best, with active ingredients that can transform your complexion. Read on to find your perfect fit.
Long-lasting lipstick comes in handy for plenty of situations: date nights, birthdays, weddings, and any other time reapplying is a problem. But which ones really stick around as promised? We tried a bevy of long-wear lip colors to see which ones stood the test of time and found three with staying power that will thrill any lipstick lover.
"Just saturate a cotton tip, buff the rough spot out, and blot," explains Clarins celebrity beauty artist Pati Dubroff. She recommends applying the brand's Body Treatment Oil in Relax ($54), which contains essential oils of marjoram, broom, and geranium, to calm the skin and smooth out dryness. While we all hit rough patches every now and then in life, at least this one falls into the easy-to-overcome genre.
>> We're ready to escape to sunnier pastures this week, and with Coachella on the horizon, we're daydreaming of a festival look that's simultaneously fresh and functional. We love the print on this Lindsey Thornburg dress, and the hard-edged look of the LD Tuttle sandals. Meanwhile, we're filling the eco-friendly Collina Strada bucket bag with necessities like milk-lotion sunscreen and a handy Canon S95 for snapping all of the amazing music acts and festival fashion.
Left to right: Lindsey Thornburg Darby Dress ($540), Clarins Milk Sunscreen Spray ($32), Canon S95 Digital Camera ($415), Kara by Kara Ross Linear Scale Earrings ($170), Collina Strada Sierra Bag ($430), LD Tuttle the Crop Leather Sandals ($445)
All products used are by Clarins unless otherwise stated:
- Foundation: Instant Smooth Line Correcting Concentrate around the eye contour, Lancôme Pro Base, Extra Firm Foundation SPF15 103 Ivory, set with La Mer powder.
- Concealer: Instant Light Brush-On Perfector.
- Cheeks: Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Color 03 Miami Pink.
- Eyes: Eye Color and Liner Palette.
- Lips: Rouge Hydra Nude 01 Nude Rose.
Like what you see? Be sure to check out the rest of the post. Don't forget that you can start a blog of your own, too. Just sign up here and start writing. We'd love to feature you on BellaSugar in the future.