I can't say that I've been to a real, official afternoon tea in the garden. I can't say that I've even officially been to an afternoon tea — that is, unless you count my friend's baby shower in Ohio, where it was snowing outside, but we still enjoyed bite-sized treats like mini cucumber sandwiches and clotted cream in the comfort of indoors. Regardless, a garden-side afternoon tea sounds quite nice, don't you think? And that's exactly what inspired Estée Lauder in its Vivid Garden Summer Color Collection for '09.
While there will also be a warm Bronze Goddess Collection for the rising temperatures ahead, the limited-edition Vivid Garden palette focuses on whimsical, floral-inspired vibrant shades such as pinks, purples, teal, aquamarine, and lime. Creamy textures and sheer glazes provide the finishes.
Find out what's new when you read more.
Base look for face:
- Vivid Garden Illuminating Powder ($32): Includes three slightly shimmery, floral-inspired shades with a dusting of gold.
- Duo-Tone Eye Pencil ($18.50): Comes in contrasting tones of Onyx and Pearl.
- Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Jasmine Garden ($35)
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Lotus Blossom ($18)
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Sweet Lychee ($22)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Lotus Blossom ($18)
For an Orchid Garden Look (Exclusive to Nordstrom):
- Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Orchid Garden ($35)
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Peach Blossom ($18)
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Coral ($22)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Peach Blossom ($18)