Nars is ramping up to launch their Spring 2008 collection called Shanghai Lily in January. I've been lucky enough to preview most of this line and I am really happy to see some modern takes on classic neutrals. Lately Nars has been wowing us with showstopping bolds, but this is definitely different. In three words, it's subtle, classy, and irresistible.
Some noteworthy items are Dolce Vita Lip Gloss and the Belle de Jour lip chubbie. These are actually classic colors re-created in new textures. For all the juicy details on this gorgeous collection, read more
- Alhambra Duo Eye Shadow ($31) are two shimmery powder eye shadows in metallic rose and pale champagne.
- Abyssinia single eye shadow ($21) is a single shiny-pearl powder eye shadow that looks great as a base color or a highlighter under your brow bone.
- Success lipstick ($23) is a burnt reddish-sienna shade with a creamy texture and semiglossy finish.
- Manhunt lipstick ($23) is a sheer true-red shade with a shiny finish.
- Dolce Vita lip gloss ($23) is a dusty-rose shade that looks great alone or over any pale- or lip-colored lipstick.
- Greek Holiday lip gloss ($23) is a sparkling pale-sandy pink color (this is also my favorite!).
- Belle de Jour lip pencil ($23) s a chunky velvet matte lip pencil in a nude-beige neutral color.
- The Multiple in Orgasm ($36.50) is a cream version of the shimmery, peachy cult-classic powder blush and lip gloss. This version, previously available only at Sephora, can be worn on your eyes, lips, and cheeks!