This July, expect to be blinded by six new Crystal Lip Shimmers ($12) from Victoria's Secret. The sweet-smelling (think cherry Bonne Belle lip balms) glosses are packed with serious amounts of glitter. They have a featherweight texture and provide a stellar, disco ball shine. The colors have lusty names like Devour and Hunger — and I'm totally hooked on the pretty peachy coral color called Tasty.
They get my vote because they're so sheer and layer-able. I'm not sure what's with the sugary-ness in all things Victoria's Secret, but I'm becoming quite interested in researching the sales of flavored vs. non-flavored cosmetics. This company is far too profitable not to be onto something here. So if I ever come out with a BellaSugar gloss and it's sweet, you'll know why! For a description of each of the six colors, read more.
- Hunger is an iridescent pinky-purple.
- Bitten is an icy white flecked with silver glitter.
- Consuming is a pale champagne with gold glitter.
- Lick is a frosty, sheer, pale pink.
- Devour is a glittery bubblegum pink.
- Tasty is a shimmering iridescent coral-peach.