Want baby-soft skin, silky hair, and kissable lips? Then get to your kitchen. This DIY beauty balm combines coconut oil with other emollient ingredients to make an addictive hydrator for your lips and skin that you won't be able to get enough of. After you make the balm, melt it with an equal amount of hot water, and you have yourself an instant leave-in conditioner — perfect for dry hair and split ends! On Kirbie: Splendid top.
1. Boil a pot of hot water to melt coconut oil
2. Heat 1 cup coconut oil in double boiler
3. Let coconut oil cool for 30 minutes
4. Add in 2 tbsp. sweet almond oil
5. Whisk oil mixture; refrigerate for 25 minutes
6. Whisk again until it becomes a thick cream
7. Add in 1 tbsp. glycerin
8. Add 1/2 cup cooled water from double boiler
9. Whip mixture until fluffy, like whipped cream (optional: add soap color of your choice)
10. Pour into a large jar
For the conditioning spray, add one part melted balm to one part water in a spray bottle.