Essie has decided to quiet things down a little bit for Spring. Last week it launched a brand-new classic collection called In The Mood, which includes six soft, sweet and muted pastels. Move over bright blues, purples, and berries — from the looks of it, light grays are now the number one nail color for Spring.
In particular, I find myself drawn toward Hi Maintenance — and no, it's not just because it would be fun to say, "my nails are Hi Maintenance" — but the color is a beautiful sheer, shy pink. I think I smell a new cult color in the making. Do you think it's possible that Hi Maintenance could replace Ballet Slippers for the most sought-after soft pink?
For a description of each of the colors, read more.
From right to left, here are the shades in this new collection:
- Hi Maintenance: a sheer, innocent, shy pink.
- Great Expectations: a sheer, shimmery gray.
- Body Language: a pale, grayish pink.
- Secret Affair: an opalescent taupe-y pink.
- Hard to Get: a flirty, medium pink.
- Looking for Love: a light, Easter egg lavender.