While the runway is a fantastic resource for aspirational beauty, the red carpet is where the trends truly start to take shape. We've been doing a bit of celebrity stalking to determine the top trends for Fall. From the must-have manicure we spotted on Kerry Washington to the eye shadow shade we want to steal from Olivia Wilde, read on to see the most wanted hair, makeup, and nails for this season.
- The bob: Bye, bye lob. Hello, bob. In a surprise move, the stars are chopping off their hair for the colder months. Chin-length bobs are all the rage right now, and we've seen a lot of asymmetrical cuts, too.
- Straight strands: Trade in your curling iron for a flat iron this Fall. Aim for the supersleek look in the Winter months to take the place of summery, tousled beach waves.
- The braided undercut: Braids are a year-round trend, but we predict the braided undercut style will continue to be the top style over the next few months. We're basing this forecast on celebrities, of course, and both Jennifer Aniston and Kristen Stewart have rocked this look (so it's pretty much a sure thing).
Get the full trend report after the jump.
- Blue makeup: Whether it's navy or teal, we've spotted celebrities like Olivia Wilde and Eva Mendes wearing blue eye makeup. Even Rihanna got in on the blue trend with a cerulean lipstick.
- Bold lips: Speaking of bold lip colors, Fall is the season to bust out your vampy lip hues. But don't pack up your bright Summer shades just yet. Nicole Richie was snapped wearing a pumpkin-colored lipstick that makes us think any brazen lip color will do this season.
- DD creams: BB creams are old news, CC creams are out of date, and now the "it" thing in makeup is DD cream, which packs even more anti-aging benefits than its predecessors.
- Smoky eyes: You can't go wrong with a classic, and per usual the smoky eye is a thing for the colder months. Even though black shadow is considered customary for this trend, think outside of the box and go for a colored smoky eye look in plum, gray, or navy (see above).
- Inner-Eye Makeup: Our favorite trend from the Emmys red carpet was inner-eye makeup. Accent any formal look with a shimmering shade near the nose. If January Jones and Julianne Hough are doing it, chances are you should be, too.
- Metallic polish: Of all the polish shades landing on our desk for Fall, the metallic lacquers seem to be in endless supply. Whether they're mineral inspired or jewel toned, you've got to get your hands on some sparkle.
- Geometric nail art: One trend that has made its way from the runways to the red carpet is geometric nail designs, an edgy yet wearable look you'll undoubtedly keep all season long.