While Anne Hathaway's Oscars hosting gig was undoubtedly entertaining, we couldn't help but be mesmerized by her many beauty looks. For every glamorous costume change, Frédéric Fekkai celebrity stylist Adir Abergel gave Anne a new, quickly-styled coif that complemented each outfit beautifully. Be sure to click through to get the how-to for all seven of Anne's covetable looks, all of which feature products from the Fekkai line.
Hey pilgrim, there might not be as many Thanksgiving beauty offerings as there are December holiday ones, but that doesn't mean you don't have options. Behold, as there are a cornucopia of ideas on how you can add a bit of panache to your Thanksgiving weekend:
- For your hair: Keep your style soft and shiny with Frédéric Fekkai's Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo ($23). Then, add a dramatic touch with 2adorn's Detachable Brown Feather Hair Clip Fascinator ($35) or Charlotte Russe's Round Feather Headwrap ($6).
- For your lips: Maybelline's Shine Sensational Lip Gloss in Cranberry Crave ($6) or Nyx's Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie ($4) each have holiday-worthy names and look great on practically everyone.
- For the eyes: How about some coffee with that dessert? A smoky, spicy palette of warm browns will provide you with the perfect accent. Try Revlon's ColorStay Eye Shadow in Coffee Bean ($7).
- For the nails: A cranberry-toned shade, such as Butter London's Nail Lacquer in Queen Vic ($14), or a shimmery bronze, such as Deborah Lippmann's Superstar Nail Color ($18), will both garner you lots of attention — in all the right ways, of course.
Party season is upon us and that means it's time to bring out the glamour and sparkle. That's why I've gathered together some of my favorite celebrity hair and makeup looks from recent weeks worthy of any festive soirée. From bedazzled lashes to shiny, sexy hair, here are five great options to try right now.
>> The Chateau Marmont hosted the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund West Coast runway show and tea yesterday afternoon — part of the competition for fund finalists (Joseph Altuzarra, Pamela Love, Prabal Gurung, Christian Cota, Moss Lipow, Gregory Parkinson, and Eddie Borgo among them); each finalist showed five Spring 2011 looks to an audience that included Rachel Zoe, Erin Wasson, Noot Seear, and Jenna Lyons.
Nerves were high for the designers, with a winner to be announced next month. “I have to tell myself to stop and enjoy the moment,” said Gurung. “But it was hard for us all not to tear up.” And Laura Love, Vogue West Coast editor Lisa Love's daughter, who was reportedly convinced to check out modeling by Anna Wintour and has since signed with Ford Models, walked the runway for Altuzarra.
Makeup had a tomboyish quality. "They're much more ladylike than they usually are, but they still wanted a tough edge," makeup artist Diane Kendal said of the designers' vision. Flawless skin and contoured cheekbones (courtesy of MAC Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk) provided a contrast to the strong eye. Kendal created tomboyish eyebrows by brushing on shadow a shade darker than each model's natural color. The finishing touch: a little bit of foundation dabbed on the lips.
- For a true, rich copper: Try Frédéric Fekkai Salon Color in Lucy 6R Copper.
- For subtle color plus highlights: Try L'Oréal's two-step Couleur Experte in Ginger Twist ($14), a light golden copper brown.
- If natural hair dye is what you seek: Naturtint's Permanent Hair Colorant in 8C Copper Blonde ($17) is ammonia-free and made with vegetable ingredients.
- For something with a bold red intensity: L'Oréal's Superior Preference in Intense Red Copper ($9) will provide just the right amount of vibrancy for the more daring.
- If you're feeling noncommittal: Try a demipermanent, like Umberto Beverly Hills' U Color Italian Demi Color Kit in 8.43 ($12), a light copper-gold.
Not only will you get a free hair consultation, you'll also get a full-sized Fekkai Advanced styling product. To participate, though, you have to register for the Fekkai Style Trial on the brand's website before the event, so make sure to get that together before you hit Saks.
In the latest installment of BellaTV, star stylist Frédéric Fekkai talks about the season's hot hair colors, the biggest hair mistakes, and the hairstyle that looks great on just about everyone. Watch now!