Beautiful and gracious, most of us were loving Freida Pinto's look last night. She's absolutely stunning and, if you watched the Oscars' red carpet, you likely caught a glimpse of her intricate hairstyle.Celebrity stylist Jeffrey Paul, who created it, shared tips to replicate this architectural, feminine flower shape at home for your next fancy event. See step-by-step instructions on how he created the style when you read more.
- Start with clean, blow-dried hair.
- Create a left-side part and divide hair into three sections: The section on the right should have three quarters of hair with the remaining hair split between two smaller middle and left sections.
- Pull the right section of hair back and secure into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, just behind the right ear.
- Twist the ponytail, working Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip into hair. Coil and loosely wrap the ponytail around the base, creating a flower shape. Secure in place with pins.
- Add more product to the remaining two sections. For the middle section, add volume in the front before twisting back and pinning around the flower shape. Do the same twisting with the left section to create a layered rose-like effect.
- Finish up with light hold hairspray (like Aveda Air Control). Shake head to loosen the look and offer natural movement.