With all of the controversy surrounding the movie Factory Girl, one thing is for certain: Sienna Miller looks gorgeous - well at least for the first half of the film. She plays the charismatic fashionista and heiress, Edie Sedgwick, who lives an incredible life of highs and lows in the fast lane. Her wish to become a 'superstar' came true as soon as she met the quirky and famed artist, Andy Warhol. As soon as Andy took one look at her he was inspired.
She had a waif-like body and a bright smile, but it was her eyes that were really the focal point of her face. She wore thick black eye makeup with lavish lashes, pale lips and a cute as a button penciled on beauty mark. To find out the details of her glamorous Factory Girl wardrobe click here, and for a step-by-step guide on how to recreate her makeup, read more
- FACE: You'll want to create a balanced, clean looking face for this look. Make sure you exfoliate your skin, moisturize and then apply a color that blends well with your natural skin tone such as Nars Balanced Foundation in Santa Fe, $40.
- EYES: First, swipe a white eye shadow all over your lid. Next, carefully take an angled eye shadow crease brush and dip it into a black matte eyeshadow. Using a windshield wiping motion, blend back and forth starting from the outside crease working your way to the inner corner of your eye. Ultimately, there should be white along the lash line, a definitive black arch in the crease, and white on the upper eye area; you will want to see white shadow both above and below your blended black line. This is an old school style of the smoky eye.
Next, line your upper eye lids thicker than ever before. Using a liner such as FLAT Liner Flat Automatic Eyeliner Pencil by Physician's Formula in Black , $5.95, will help you get the 4 1/2mm width you'll need. Then line your lower lids and concentrate the thickness toward the outer corners. Finish with two coats of LashFusion™ Micro-Technology™ Pure Protein Lash Plumpin Black, $39, and of course...dramatic falsies!
- CHEEKS: Since your eyes are really going to stand out, you want to keep the rest of your face looking healthy and natural. Try using Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Tempting Beige, $39.50.
- LIPS: Sienna's makeup artist kept her lips a very pale nude or pink matte color at all times - after all, that was the look back then. M.A.C Lipstick in Myth, $14.50, is a pale muted peachy beige color that should do the trick as would, Bare Escentuals i.d. Lipstick in Baby, $15. Skip lip liner and gloss.
- BROWS: Brows were very thick and dark in the movie. Use a heavier product such as LORAC Brow Wax in Brunette, $16 for this dramatic look.