Fresh off the success of her first fragrance, Gwen Stefani is gearing up to launch five — yes, five — new ones based on herself and her backup singers. WWD reports that the Harajuku Lovers collection will encompass five different perfumes: Love, Angel, Music, Baby, and G. And if you ask Gwen, she's amazed that it all came together. She told WWD:
"I didn't think this project would actually come to life. The idea that Coty would let me do five different fragrances for Harajuku Lovers was a fantasy. [But] it really had to be five, because that's what the world is. Each girl has her own personality and sense of style. We're all saying something different with unique personalities."
While I wasn't crazy about the design of L's bottle (and boy, did you tell me how much you disagreed) these doll-shaped bottles are pretty adorable. They'll sell from $25 to $45 each when they launch in September. And as long as Gwen doesn't trot out the Harajuku Girls to coquettishly giggle while promoting the scent, it should go over well. To find out about each of the scents, read more.
- Love is a floral with top notes of sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach and bamboo leaf mist; a heart of watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paperwhites and Egyptian jasmine, and a drydown of petally ylang, creamy vanilla orchid, sensual musk and blond wood.
- Lil' Angel is a fruity floral with notes of raspberry, cranberry, blackberry and pineapple; a heart of pear blossom, candied violet and sugared rose, and a drydown of lollipop accord, hinoki wood and crystal amber.
- Music has top notes of clementine and sparkling pear; a heart of jasmine sambac, sweet pea and honeysuckle, and a drydown of vanilla, skin musk and sleek woods.
- Baby, has top notes of freesia, bergamot and white rose; a heart of orange flower, tiare flower and jasmine petals, and a drydown of white musk, soft woods, heliotrope, vanilla and violet.
- G has top notes of crisp mandarin, fresh coconut and apple skin; a heart of jasmine sambac, soft freesia and magnolia vapor, and a drydown of coconut cream, white sandalwood and cottonwoods.