Although you may spend a month planning out your costume, Halloween only comes around once a year. For those of us with less-than-unlimited budgets, it's always a good idea to opt for a costume that has a little flexibility and staying power. Pieces that work for one costume may work perfectly for another. Case in point: the blunt bob wig. Find out five costumes that you can wear with one wig (or with your own hair if your current cut already dictates it) when you keep reading.
- The Morton Salt girl: The iconic girl in the yellow frock has a short, blunt hairstyle, so this costume can come together in a snap after you have your wig. Grab a fluorescent yellow dress, white tights, an umbrella, and carry a container of salt under your arm for an iconic (and cute) getup.
- Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction: A hairstyle as noteworthy as the movie that launched it, Uma Thurman's Mia Wallace was a fast-talking wife of a gangster with a sleek bob and amazing style. Black pedal-pushers, a white button-down, and your wig are all you need to do the twist with Vincent Vega.
- Mrs. White from Clue: Sure, she may or may not have done it in the parlor with the candlestick, but Mrs. White's blunt bob was not a look to question. The flawlessly coiffed style pairs perfectly with an LBD, pearls, and opera-length gloves.
- Flapper girl: Once you have your bob style down, it's easy to play around with your flapper-girl look. Feather boas, a sequined dress, pearls, and some smoky eye makeup pull this costume together.
- Betty Rubble from The Flinstones: The sweet and demure neighbor of Fred and Wilma must have had a great hairstylist, because that black bob of hers was ahead of its time. Pair your wig with a blue dress (shell detail is a bonus) and a little blue bow, and you're all set for a night out in Bedrock.