Here is a happening do that is a modern take on the old half up, half down style. This look is great for those of you with long layers or one solid length - so basically anyone, but you have to have some substantial length to pull this off. This is also a quick style for women on the go. It keeps your hair out of your eyes, but won't take it completely off of your face. Ultimately, this is a super sexy hair style, hence it being modeled here on some of the world's sexiest women. You can wear this hair on the third day of a blowout too, just as the crown is getting greasy. This look is also a great way to add volume to a round shaped face.
To create this look for yourself at home, read more
- Choose a shampoo and conditioner with volumizing agents in it. I happen to really love Alterna's Life Volumizing Shampoo,, $17.10, as well as their Life Volumizing Conditioner, $18.30.
- Blow dry hair and set with rollers for additional volume. If you want stick straight hair like Heidi Klum's hair shown above, then before blow drying add a drop of Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm to add shine, protect hair from heat and control frizz. Wait 20 minutes in the rollers for hair to set.
- Gently take out the rollers and begin to lightly backcomb the crown of your hair. Then, smooth it over with a soft brush, I like the Mason Pearson all boar bristle brush. Keep in mind, don't tease your hair too much. You don't want to have extreme lift at the crown, just a little is perfect.
- Next, secure just the middle section of the crown with a skinny barrette or two bobby pins. Overlap the pins so they create an "X". Smooth the rest of your hair.
- Lastly, spray your entire head with a fine mist of hairspray to keep all of your hard work in place! A new hairspray that I've just discovered is called Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray by Tigi, $15.75. Try it and let me know what you think!