Judging from Sunday's poll, Hayden Panettiere's look was an overall "love it" at the 2008 Emmy Awards. And that skin? Seriously, I just might need to contact Hayden's facialist, dermatologist, and/or makeup artist.
Well, guess what? We're in luck, because makeup artist Amy Oresman, who was responsible for Hayden's flawless face, shared the lowdown on how to achieve her "flat-out glamorous look." She used Neutrogena products, as Hayden is one of the brand's spokespeople. Check out the how-to below and learn exclusive tips from Oresman on how to achieve Hayden's dark, dramatic eyes:
- Cheeks: For her trademark sun-kissed glow, Mineral Sheers Bronzer ($10.79) was dusted around the perimeter of Hayden's face, hairline, cheekbones, and lightly down the bridge of her nose. To tie the look together, the powder was applied to neck and shoulders as well. Next, a light sweep of Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush in Fresh ($10.95) was added to the apples of the cheeks.
To learn what other shades were used on Hayden, read more.
- Eye shadow: For a nude finish, Nourishing Eye Duo in Iced Coffee ($7.64) was applied on Hayden's lids, while the darker shade was swept into the contour.
- Eyeliner: Use two brushes to turn eye shadow into eyeliner: a small, flat one for depositing color on the lid and a soft, fluffy brush. Oresman used the latter to, as she says, "carefully blend the seam between the smoke around the perimeter of the eye and the rest of the lid." Try Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Perversion ($16), a matte black.
- Mascara: "I used just a few individual lashes on the outside edges of Hayden’s eyes for her 'Rock the Red Carpet' look," says Oresman. "It elongates her eyes, creating a sultry, almond shape that’s both sexy and glamorous." Next, she coated the lashes with Healthy Volume Mascara in Black ($7.19). Then, she filled in the outer corner of her upper eyelid with a few individual lashes. "Generous layering of mascara is the key to amplifying the beauty of both natural and false eyelashes," Oresman says.
- Lips: First, Lip Moisturizer ($3.89) was applied to keep Hayden's lips dewy and moist. For a sophisticated feel, Soothing LipSheers in Sparkling Nude ($8.09) was added for the final touch.