The holidays are a magical time for everyone, but especially for engaged couples. The twinkling lights, the snow, the pops of red — it's the most romantic time to snap some couples photos, if you ask us. Ahead, discover 20 ways to give your engagement shoot that same holiday spirit. If you're vying for space atop a loved one's fire mantle, everyone else's holiday photos don't stand a chance.
You've probably seen Deborah Lippmann's handiwork in the likes of Vogue or on the runways at New York Fashion Week, but she's most well-known for her line of polishes that you can find at many department stores and Sephora. We tapped the celebrity manicurist for her holiday shopping list, and just like her polishes — you'll find nothing but luxury here. From cozy cashmere blankets to a special spa treatment, see what Deborah is gifting this season.
— Additional reporting by Kaitlyn Dreyling
The holidays are almost here, and if you have a white elephant gift exchange coming up, we've got you covered — especially if you love pop culture. Click through to find silly, weird, and cool gifts to get your white elephant party started — there may even be stuff you want for real!
If your December agenda includes a Christmas cookie exchange, the pressure's on to come up with a contribution that's sure to wow the crowd of lil ones and adults alike. Whether you're totally at ease in an apron and oven mitt or prefer to let the experts at your local bakery do the leg work for you, these 20 Christmas cookie ideas are sure to inspire.
You don't have to put a ring on it to give your hands a little extra sparkle this holiday season. You can amp up your basic manicure with a rhinestone nail charm on your nails, and the gift-giving season is the perfect time to try on a bow accent. To keep things simple, I went with a basic pink polish using Essie Status Symbol ($8). After painting each finger, add a sparkling bow charm to just one finger. I found mine at Your Beauty Store, which has a huge selection of rhinestone nail charms. It's quite a simple look, but the dazzling element makes this manicure seem much more advanced, not to mention festive.
To dress up your nail sans the 3D action, paint a bow with nail polish instead. A dot in the middle followed by two triangular-shaped "wings" on each end will give you a sweet bow-tie look in seconds. And you can get sparkly with a glitter or metallic polish too!
Forget the presents — a killer Christmas card is something your boyfriend or girlfriend will remember well after the mistletoe has come down. What makes a great card? One that's fun and sweet at the same time. That's why we've scoured the net (OK, Etsy) to bring you your best options this holiday, from racy notes to sweet sentiments. Click on to see them all!
After buzzing around a whole lot of ecommerce sites working to bring you this season's best gift guides, we were particularly taken aback by Tory Burch's swatch of stylish presents. Whether you're on the hunt for something cozy, girlie, or simply classic, she has a product you'll love. To help you avoid present overload (as if), we're sharing our favorites.
- Tip what you can afford. If you can't afford to tip, think about alternatives such as homemade gifts or baked goods to show your appreciate.
- See tip sheets. Unsure of how much to give? Check out online tip sheets. Consumer Reports has a brief list of tipping practices cobbled together from results of a holiday tipping survey.
- Who to tip. When thinking about who you should tip, you need to consider a couple factors — how much you interact with people, how long you've known them, and the quality of the service they provide.
- Check company policies. Even if you want to tip someone, you may not be able to because of company policies. Make sure you check with the firm about gift giving or tipping rules to see what's appropriate to give during this time. If it isn't allowed, be sure to just express your heartfelt thanks verbally.
- Add a note. Whether you're tipping or gifting, EmilyPost.com recommends to add a handwritten note of appreciation. Two to three sentences will suffice.
The holidays are a great time to acknowledge people's efforts and show gratitude so don't shy away from the opportunity to do so! Who do you usually tip during the holidays and how much do you tip?
Whether you're hosting a casual game-day viewing party, a ritzy cocktail party, or something in between, we have an appetizer to match. Keep reading for our favorite party bites from mini twice-baked potatoes to zesty quick-pickled vegetables (and many more).