Lauren Conrad is everywhere these days! Between designing her own line of clothing, doing publicity for the upcoming season of The Hills, taking care of her new puppy, and feuding with Heidi Montag, I can hardly keep up. And despite all this, she somehow manages to appear smiling, happy, and well put-together. Lauren has a timeless look, and it doesn't take much to recreate for yourself.
To see how to recreate this look at home, read more.
- Hair: Lauren's hair style is a great way to add some sophistication to her simple makeup. Start with dry hair parted on the side. Twist all of the hair together at the nape of your neck, tuck under, and secure with bobby pins, for a low, twisted bun. Pull out a large section in the front, and wrap around a hot roller or a large barreled curling iron, misting lightly with a flexible hold hairspray like this Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4). Unravel and brush gently to soften wave.
- Face:To get a smooth, even complexion like Lauren, use a medium weight foundation, like Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation ($38). Use the tip of a tapered sponge and blend foundation right up under the eye, which conceals dark circles without looking cake-y.
- Cheeks: Keep the cheeks light and fresh with just the lightest sweep of candy-pink blush right on the apples of the cheeks. Try Jane Shimmer Blush ($6) in Roses.
- Eyes: Start by applying a wash of shimmery gold shadow to even out the color on the lids and make eyes pop. Try Bare Escentuals Glimmer ($13) in Summer. Use a liquid liner such as Mark Eyemarker Color OnLine ($5.50) in Jet to get a super-clean line. Start by pressing the tip of the liner on the base of the lashes on the inside corner of the lid, pulling outward and pressing down to fan out slightly at the outer corner. Then line the bottom inner rims all the way out to the corners, pulling the stroke upwards to meet the upper line, so that they connect and form a subtle cat-eye effect. Finish by curling lashes and applying at least three coats of an all-around knockout mascara. I'd suggest busting out the big guns with DiorShow ($24) for this one.
- Lips: Lauren is most likely wearing a sheer lipstick, but the effect is so subtle that you could get away with just a light pink, shimmery gloss. Try Revlon SuperLustrous Lip Gloss ($4) in Pink Afterglow.