Aww, Mary-Kate! I'm so happy to see how happy and healthy she looked at the Television Critics Association press conference for the new season of Weeds. And I think this pink lipstick makes the most of her features. To find out how to get MK's look, from eyes to nail polish, read more
- FACE: After moisturizing skin, apply a small amount of a luminizing lotion (such as Smashbox Artificial Light) to cheeks and temples. If your skin is fantastic already, go on to the next step. The rest of us can use a tinted moisturizer or mineral makeup to create an evenly-complexioned look.
- CHEEKS:Dot a small amount of a medium pink cream blush on the apples of cheeks. You want to put this over the area where you applied the luminizing lotion, which will add a glow to the color.
- EYES:Even though you can't see Mary-Kate's eyelids, I'd wager that she's wearing a tawny shimmer eye shadow. With her eyelashes and eyeliner so bold, she needs to balance with more subdued colors. I like the new Stila Mandarin Mist palette, which you could use to gently sweep tones of brown across your lids. Follow by outlining the corner of your eye with a white pencil like Benefit's Mr. Frosty. Line eyes with a brownish-black eyeliner, starting narrow near your inner eye and getting thicker as you move toward the outer corner of your eye. Finish with a generous coat of black mascara such as Dior Diorshow Black Out mascara.
- LIPS: Look for a light mauve lipstick with a creamy-to-matte finish. I like Nars' Velvet Matte lip pencil because it's easier to control than a traditional lipstick, and it goes on smoothly.
- NAILS: Mary-Kate went with a bold orangey-red, but she was smart to keep her nails on the short side. I found this shade from OPI, Don't Socra-Tease Me. Great pun, great color.