Although Angelina Jolie's look used to be pretty eclectic, over the past few years she has toned down the wild child in her and her beauty has become very classic. Maybe it's motherhood, maybe it's love. Who knows, but something about her is glowing.
If you notice, she doesn't really wear a lot of makeup. She definitely tends to focus on her eyes and her lips, both of which are assets that always seem to score her on both male and female top ten hottie lists.
Her makeup artist, Matin Maulawizada, has some great insight into creating Angelina's look for yourself at home. For tips and product suggestions, read more
- SKIN: Begin by smoothing a hydrating moisturizer such as Lierac Aqua D Moisturizer ($45) to the face and neck.
- FACE: Next, use a sponge to apply a light layer of medium coverage oil-free foundation to the face. Matin favors Laura Mercier Foundation in Honey Beige ($40) on Angelina.
- CONCEALER: To brighten up the eyes and cover any redness or broken capillaries, dab on an easily blendable concealer like Stila Cover Up Stick in Shade B ($18).
- SET: For a flawless face, dust a little bit of Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Powder ($19) (make sure it's totally translucent) over your face to set your makeup and create a matte finish.
- CHEEKS: Go light on the cheeks with just a single strike of cream blush. I really like Fresh Cream Blush in Age of Innocence ($28). Apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards and outwards for a natural looking flush.
- EYES: Here's the fun part! Angelina has been known to put this Guerlain Terracotta Loose Kohl Powder in Deep Charcoal Black ($32) on the radar of many a beauty junkie. She uses it all of the time for red carpet events. Apply in a thick line to the upper lids then smudge the outer corners for a smoky effect. Apply in a thinner line to the lower lids. For a more detailed explanation of how to create a heavily lined eye, click here. Apply a white shadow to the top of your lids and finish with two coats of lengthening mascara.
- LIPS: Lastly, line lips lightly with a nude liner and then apply a creamy lipstick such as Lola Lip Cream in Cashmere ($20) - a chestnut brown color to the lips. Apply with a lip brush for optimum coverage.