On Monday evening, Elisabeth Röhm showed up on the red carpet for the Badgley Mischka Campaign Launch Party wearing a beautiful black strapless beaded cocktail dress and her hair coiffed neatly and elegantly into a sleek, tight bun.
In case you aren't familiar with her, Elisabeth is best known for playing Serena Southerly, Assistant District Attorney on Law & Order from 2001 to 2005.
I've been lucky enough to score a step-by-step guide from Frédéric Fekkai hair stylist Liz Ferguson on how to create this 'do. Want to know more? For a full list of products and instructions, read more
- Step 1: Apply Frédéric Fekkai Men’s Grooming Clay ($18.50) to manage flyaways and keep hair smooth and sleek. Next, tease hair at the crown to give it a little bit of volume.
- Step 2: Pull all of hair back into a tight ponytail using an elastic band (the kind with two hooks at the end). Hook one end into the middle of the ponytail and hook the other end into the ponytail once you’ve wrapped it around until you get it really tight. This band holds a ponytail much tighter than a normal rubber band. Hold the bun in place with a few hair pins.
- Step 3: Grab a piece of hair and wrap around the elastic band to cover it. Hold in place with a hair pin.
- Step 4: If your hair is slightly past your shoulders, take small pieces of the ponytail and twist them around over the ponytail to create a bun and fasten with hair pins.
- Step 5: When you are finished, generously mist your head with Frédéric Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray to hold the style. Lastly, add a little bit of Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Sheer Mist for a little bit of shine.