- To get the waves voluminous, he says he would start by giving hair a full blowout to create a good base.
- Then, he recommends taking a one-inch curling iron, and curling the hair in small, even sections across the head, making sure to curl them all in the same direction. To make this step easier, he suggests curling in squared-off sections, visualizing the head as a grid.
- Once the curls have cooled, he advises taking a Mason Pearson brush and brushing it straight down the length of the hair to loosen the curls.
- After that, spritz some hair spray on the brush, and brush straight down again.
- Continue brushing until all the waves fall together perfectly.
Photo courtesy Memory Lane