This is a guest post written by Alexis Wolfer, editor in chief of The Beauty Bean  and author of the new book The Recipe For Radiance .
While sugar and salt scrubs are great for your body, they can be a bit too rough for your delicate facial skin. That doesn't mean that your face is destined to remain dull and drab though. With ground oats, this gentle mask calms as it exfoliates, while simultaneously moisturizing with avocado's abundant fatty acids, so you can rest assured that your sensitive skin is exfoliated, not irritated.
1/4 cup oatmeal + 1 avocado + 2 tablespoons honey
- In a food processor, grind oatmeal until sand-like. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In the same food processor, puree avocado and honey until smooth.
- Mix oats with avocado and honey until well combined.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and neck, and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover your face with a warm washcloth for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to soften the mask and encourage the avocado oil to penetrate more deeply.
- Use the washcloth to gently remove the mask, using a circular, upward motion.
For all of Alexis' best DIY  recipes, order The Recipe For Radiance on Amazon  now.
Source: The Recipe For Radiance