All week, FabSugar is paying tribute to the fashion of "The OC," so I thought I'd join the party with a few posts about the notable hair and beauty looks featured on the indulgent SoCal teen drama.
On Monday, I told you how to get Mischa Barton hair, and today, we'll be learning how to recreate Rachel Bilson's relaxed makeup look. Though her face looks flawlessly fresh and anything but overdone, you will need some makeup to appear this un-made-up. For product suggestions and a step-by-step guide, read more
- Face: Badass Bilson is all about a clean-looking face. To look youthful and not overly made up, all you'll need is a bit of concealer and a tinted moisturizer with SPF.
- Cheeks: To re-create her sun kissed look, I would start with a basic bronzer and then add a peachy cream blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Eyes: If you look closely, you'll notice that there are two different shadows on Bilson's eyes: a highlighter and a mocha brown color. Try Stila Eye Shadow Pan in Puck, which can be worn lightly during the day and layered for evening for a more dramatic effect.
- Brows: See how Bilson's brows are the stand-out feature in the natural look? It's imperative to get a brow shaping a few times a year to keep your face properly framed. If you have light brows, use Anastasia Brow Powder Duo on Ash Blonde or Medium Ash to fill them in. Just go easy: The goal of this look is to make it look effortless.
- Lips: Her lips look naturally pink, light, and sheer. As you know I am a huge fan of Lipstick Queen's Oxymoron Lip Gloss, and this matte formula is a perfect choice for this look.